Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • intex
    • Apr 2002

External Data Providers Not Working

I've turned on the data providers in AdminCP, but don't get anything back other than the code below, even when specifying a forum ID:

http://www.example.com/forum/external.php?

I understand that if you don't specify the type, it defaults to using RSS anyway, which is what I want.

Any ideas?

Code:
    [color=#0000ff]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>[/color] 
    [color=#0000ff]<!DOCTYPE rss[i] (View Source for full doctype...)[/i]>[/color] 
    [color=#0000ff]<[/color][color=#990000]rss version[/color][color=#0000ff]="[/color][b]0.91[/b][color=#0000ff]">[/color]
    [color=#0000ff]<[/color][color=#990000]channel[/color][color=#0000ff]>[/color]
    [color=#0000ff]<[/color][color=#990000]title[/color][color=#0000ff]>[/color][b]Example Forum[/b][color=#0000ff]</[/color][color=#990000]title[/color][color=#0000ff]>[/color] 

[color=#0000ff]<[/color][color=#990000]link[/color][color=#0000ff]>[/color][b][url="http://www.example.com/forum"]http://www.example.com/forum[/url][/b][color=#0000ff]</[/color][color=#990000]link[/color][color=#0000ff]>[/color] 

[color=#0000ff]<[/color][color=#990000]description[/color] [color=#0000ff]/>[/color] 

[color=#0000ff]<[/color][color=#990000]language[/color][color=#0000ff]>[/color][b]en[/b][color=#0000ff]</[/color][color=#990000]language[/color][color=#0000ff]>[/color] 

[color=#0000ff]</[/color][color=#990000]channel[/color][color=#0000ff]>[/color]

[color=#0000ff]</[/color][color=#990000]rss[/color][color=#0000ff]>[/color]
    [color=#0000ff][/color]
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

I am getting a 404/

Comment

• Andy Huang
      • Feb 2004

that's probably because he doesn't own example.com and there's no vB running on that location of example.com
      Best Regards,
      Andy Huang

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Can you please provide the actual URL?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• intex
          • Apr 2002

Steve - the website is on an internal LAN so I can't provide the URL. I simply replaced the code text above with an example URL rather than showing a private IP address.

The code you see is exactly what you get when you try and access using one of the two links I showed above.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

Just out of curiousity, do you have the same problem when you specify RSS?
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• intex
              • Apr 2002

It doesn't make any difference, the same output is created (same as xml also).

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

Is the forum private? you need to register to view the content?

Comment

• intex
                  • Apr 2002

Yes, all forums require the person to register before they can view the forums.

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

External.php will only provide info that is avaible to the pubilic as it has no way to authenticate you

Comment

• intex
                      • Apr 2002

Of course, I sort of gussed you were going to say that after your last question. Thx. for your help.

Comment

• Zachery
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Jul 2002

I didnt relize it untill a moment ago, i had forgoten about it myself untill a secon ago when i checked one of my sites external feed

You could probaly change this, im not sure how it could be done though, but if you wanted to you should inquire at vBulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...