Ghost Interface? Access to private forum - help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alex
    • Mar 2001

Ghost Interface? Access to private forum - help!

I had problems with one of our users. Somehow he always seems to know, what happens in our private team forum.

One member of our staff, that is some kind of friend of him told me, that he admitted to have access to the team forum through anything called Ghost Interface.

What is that and how can he access the team forum?

Note: I double checked the access masks and which users have access to the private forum for our team. The only members that have access are from our team. Please help, this is a very sensible situation.
    Greetz Alex
    Spasschat-Team - the best chat, you've ever seen :)
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I've never heard of this. Bottom line is if your permissions are set correctly, you haven't installed any hacks, you are running the latest version, and all the necessary passwords are secure, then he will not have access.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Chroder
      • Dec 2002

Maybe you could get a member of the staff to double-check your masks?

Comment

• Alex
        • Mar 2001

There is this nice function in the administration that list all members, that have access to a certain forum through access masks. I also double checked the groups and the members of each group, that has access. The settings are correct.
        Greetz Alex
        Spasschat-Team - the best chat, you've ever seen :)

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Then there would be no way for him to see anything unless, someone is permitting him to use their account, or another admin has set up an account for him to use

Comment

• Ocean
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Zachery

Then there would be no way for him to see anything unless, someone is permitting him to use their account, or another admin has set up an account for him to use

Well, I wouldn't say that there's *no* way for him to gain access. Aside from the fact that no exploit is known until it happens, if this user has access to the Server that vB is hosted on, he'll have the access to do what he wants.
            echo $ocean_signature;

;)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...