• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orca
    • Mar 2001
    • 5.5.x

Forum permissions dropdown?

Hi there,

does anyone have a forum permissions dropdown in he admin cp (see screenshots)? I have it which is not bad. However, when choosing a forum, it selects the wrong one (The forums are listed as you order them, however, it selects the forum with the same id as the order id).

This happens, if you choose the collapse options for forums. So I guess the dropdown is ok. However, it chooses the wrong forums.
    Attached Files
    Ueli
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Try setting Forum Manager Display in vBulletin Options to 'Default'.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• orca
      • Mar 2001
      • 5.5.x

I did that and it works now. But in the dropdown it just chooses the wrong forums.
      Ueli

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Have you installed any hacks (including portals) or added any code to the headinclude, header or phpinclude templates? If not, fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks or added code, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• orca
          • Mar 2001
          • 5.5.x

Well, yes, I have some hacks in the headinclude template. Not sure whether it's that. But it's easier for me to use the 'default' setting. I thought collapsile ould only be for the forum manager. I only posted it here because I was not sure if it's a bug.

Thanks for the info anyway. If you want to check it, just tell me and I'll give you the appropriate info.
          Ueli

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Try this. Reupload the original vbulletin-style.xml file from the zip file to your install directory. Make sure you upload this in ASCII and overwrite the one on the server. Then import this file in the 'Upload' section of the Style Manager.

Next create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...