Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tacsol
    • Feb 2004

User Permissions Issue

I'm having a tough time configuring the permissions for one user. This user belongs to a usergroup of a few others who have certain permissions for certain forums (they all share the same permissions).

Now the problem is, the one user cannot access a particular forum at all. Everyone else in the same user group have no problems - it's just this one user. I have set the access masks and forum permissions to allow, but to no avail.

Now when viewing this user's info in the admin cp, I use the quick user links to check his permissions. Everything in Access Masks are fine, however under Forum Permissions, everything shows up as no, even the ones I had set to yes when configuring it. I try to go back into forum permissions to check, and they all still say yes! I cannot figure this out! Can anyone offer some advice on this one?

Thanks!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Don't use access masks to do this. Whether or not they see a particular forum depends on the forum permissions of the group(s) they are in.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...