X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomwilkinson2
    • May 2004

How do I delete all posts and threads?

Hi,

A number of us have been adding lots of test threads and posts to the forums during development, and I cannot work out how to clear out all the posts and threads in the forums ready to put the site live.

I have looked in Threads & Posts > Prune, and have tried to prune all threads, but it still displays the threads in the 'Last post', 'Threads' and 'Posts' fields on the forum frontpage, although when you actually click on the 'last post' here it just brings up a message saying:

"No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster"

Also, when you go through to a specific forum it says:

"There have been no posts in the last 30 days in this forum.
    Try using the controls below to search for any older posts that may exist. "

Any help would be appreciated...
    Thanks!
  • MegaHertz
    • Jun 2003

I suspect if you updated your counters in the AdminCP it would probably solve the problem.

Comment

• tomwilkinson2
      • May 2004

Thank you very much for such a quick reply. That worked immediately.

I went to Import & Maintenance > Update Counters and selected 'Rebuild Forum Information'.

The admin system had suggested 'Updating Counters' previously after I had pruned the threads, but I wasn't sure what to update/rebuild on the 'Update counters' page.

Thanks for your help...

Comment

• MegaHertz
        • Jun 2003

Anytime

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...