X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eagle Creek
    • Apr 2003
    • 3.6.x

E-mail templates

Where are the E-mail templates in 3.0.1?

The mail you get when you subscribe, the mail the moderator gets by a reported post, the mail when you register etc. etc. ?
    http://www.nucia.nl/forum/
    The best way to kill malware; is to kill it together.
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

The text in the templates are phrases, find the words from the emails in the phrase manager > search phrases, and you can edit them there.

Comment

• Eagle Creek
      • Apr 2003
      • 3.6.x

Owh, I didn't know that. Thank you.

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Example

Here is an example of how to find and edit the phrase for the 'report post' email.

First you get the text from the email that the staff receive when a post is reported (see attachment report_email_txt.png)

Then you copy, paste the unique text into the admin control panel > languages & phrases > phrase manager > search for phrases > input field. (see attachments report_phrase_search.png)

Click to search for the text in phrases and submit the search, when it has found the matching phrases, it will list them and you can click on the [edit] button behind the phrase to edit it. (see attachment report_phrase_found.png)

On the edit page you will see the original phrase, the english language text area and possibly any imported / additional languages. Click on the [Copy Default Text] button in the English box and modify the phrase to your liking. (See attachment report_phrase_edit.png )

And save when done.

Hopefully this is a clear explanation on how to find phrases and modify them.
        Attached Files

Comment

• sarahk
          • Jun 2004

I've just installed v3.0.1 and am trying to edit the emails.

One of the emails has:
          Thanks for registering at Forums! We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

Thanks again,
          Forums team
          but try as I might I can't find that text. I've even gone to the database!

Any ideas?

Found my answer. I had the forum named incorrectly and was searching on the text that included the forum name.
          Last edited by sarahk; Sun 20 Jun '04, 12:46am. Reason: found my answer
          Simple SEO

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

welcome phrase, by head ..

Comment

• Eagle Creek
              • Apr 2003
              • 3.6.x

Thank you! I'll try that.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...