X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mister
    • Jan 2001
    • 5.0.X

forum permission / moderation issue

I have a forum that only one user group has access to. Every other group, I've used the 'Deny All' link on the Forum Permissions page, and denied their access 100%.

The one group that has access, has Yes for everything except 'Always Moderate This Group's Posts', and a few of the 'move/copy' permissions.

The problem is .. users who are not moderators are being moderated and i cannot for the life of me figure out why their posts go to the queue. There are no specific user permissions for these people.

Any ideas? Do I need to provide any more info?

Thanks.
    What do you Listen-To? http://www.listen-to.com

i <3 vBulletin.
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

You can check the permissions of the forum, to see which usergroup is set to YES which should be set to NO for 'moderate posts'.

Admin control panel > forums & Moderations > view permissions > select the forum and the permission, and let it go through the usergroups for you.

Comment

• mister
      • Jan 2001
      • 5.0.X

I think I may have found it. Thanks Floris.

The user belongs to yet another group, which even though had no access to the forum, they had moderation set. I'll have to wait for the user to test this.

Thanks.

i <3 vBulletin.

Comment

• mister
        • Jan 2001
        • 5.0.X

That wasn't the problem. Posts are still going to the moderation queue. Any other ideas?

i <3 vBulletin.

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

Is the usergroup who has permission, an additional usergroup?

Comment

• mister
            • Jan 2001
            • 5.0.X

Yes. The users have Registered as their main group, and this is an additional one. Some [not all] users have additional usergroups, beyond this one, as well.

i <3 vBulletin.

Comment

• wildfire99
              • Jan 2003

I had this problem also... and it ended up being that the 'Moderate This Group's Posts' setting is carried over. So a user with primary usergroup of 'Registered Users', and added to group 'Foo' and group 'Bar', was being moderated, because although group 'Foo' had full permissions for the forum in question, both 'Registered Users' and 'Bar' groups had their permissions for that forum set to all 'No', except for 'Always Moderate This Group's Posts', which I guess is inherited over.

So I set the 'moderate' bit for both 'Registered Users' and 'Bar' group to ALL NO (even moderate) and it works fine now. Not the behavior I was expecting, but I suppose it makes sense. I don't know if it's a bug or a feature that when you set 'ALL NO' in the forums permission screen, everything is set to 'NO' except for 'Always Moderate...Posts', which means everyone gets moderated who belongs to that group even if another group gives them full rights to post.

I would suggest checking ALL the groups and making sure there isn't one that is sneakily set to 'Moderate Posts'.

Comment

• Rids
                • Aug 2002
                • 3.5.x

At last, I've been frantically changing settings all day without success and finally I find the solution - this is exactly what I've been having trouble with all day. When setting a group's permissions to all "no" for a forum, I fail to see the logic of the script changing the "moderate all posts" setting to yes when that usergroup can't even see the forum, let alone post in it.

Comment

• asedah
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Rids
                  At last, I've been frantically changing settings all day without success and finally I find the solution - this is exactly what I've been having trouble with all day. When setting a group's permissions to all "no" for a forum, I fail to see the logic of the script changing the "moderate all posts" setting to yes when that usergroup can't even see the forum, let alone post in it.
                  Glad someone had this problem before me. I spent a few dys trying to figure this out also before I stumbled across this thread. I have it fixed now though thanks to this post.

But I also am interested in why "moderate all posts" is set to yes, even when use the "set all to no" feature.

Comment

• johanb
                    • Oct 2004

thanks to the board

Yet another one that has been stumbling on this for a few hours
                    And i also don't see why, when you set a usergroups permission al to now, it has to set "moderate" to yes. That is not "all no".
                    Maybe something to adjust in a next version?

Comment