Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bmckain
    • May 2004

New Thread or Post Font Colors

This seems like it should be easy to find, but so far I haven’t been able to determine which template controls the font color for new threads or new posts. I am pretty sure that’s where it would be controlled from.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Postbit Templates -> postbit or postbit_legacy (depending on which layout you use)

Find this code and add the red code:

Code:
    		<!-- message -->
    		<div [color=red]style="color: #123456"[/color]>$post[message]</div>
    		<!-- / message -->
    Replace #123456 with whatever color code you want.

Comment

• bmckain
      • May 2004

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it; I found the code and added the insert with the color I wanted with the following result. The color doesn’t change unless you roll the cursor over it; ideally what I would like is that the thread title shows the new color when new posts have been added alerting users that there new posts. I know there are icons for this but sometimes its just easier to look for bold bright text.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Oh, are you talking about the thread titles on forumdisplay pages? Try this:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Threadbit Templates -> threadbit

Add the red code:

Code:
        			$thread[movedprefix]
        			$thread[typeprefix]
        			<a href="showthread.php?$session[sessionurl]t=$thread[threadid]$thread[highlight]"><if condition="$show['gotonewpost']">[color=red]<span style="color: #123456">[/color]<strong>$thread[threadtitle]</strong>[color=red]</span>[/color]<else />$thread[threadtitle]</if></a>
        This will add color to the bold links of threads with new posts.

Comment

• bmckain
          • May 2004

That's the ticket; worked like a champ! Thanks again for your help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...