Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HumanNature
    • Apr 2004

Block anonymizer pages...

Well this is not exactly a vbulletin question, but I think that is a question that all the owners of a forum will be worried about ...

The first thing that a banned user (ip banned) try to do is to access the forum throught an anonymizer page such as www.anonymizer.com.

I want to known how to block this type of pages properly, and if someone can tell me the most important pages of this type and how to known exactly the ip to block and how to do it property (vb options, cpanel, etc)

Thanks

Edit: And what about proxys? there are something to do?
    Last edited by HumanNature; Mon 24 May '04, 9:01am.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Unfortunately there isn't any way to prevent banned users from accessing your site with another IP unless you block entire ranges of IPs which inevitably ends up blocking users you don't want to block.

If http://www.anonymizer.com/ uses specific IP ranges then you can just block those ranges.

Comment

• HumanNature
      • Apr 2004

Vbulletin allow to block ip ranges? And allow to blocck access for seeing the forum?

I ask this because I see that in the admin panel put that blocks logging and registering but not seeing, and I also see that let you block one single ip, or a partial ip but not a range ( xxx/xxx/xx/xx - xxx/xxx/xx/xx)
      Last edited by HumanNature; Mon 24 May '04, 9:27am.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Banned IPs cannot view any forum pages at all.

vBulletin doesn't do ranges in the normal sense, but you can make a range by banning partial IPs. For example, if you want to ban 192.168.x.x through 192.172.x.x then your banned IPs would look like this:

192.168 192.169 192.170 192.171 192.172

Comment

• Byron
          • Nov 2000
          • 3.0.0 Beta 6

Anyone has such a list of all these blacklisted IPs?

Comment

• Dennis Olson
            • Oct 2002

I have a large list of proxy IP addies in an "htaccess" file on my server. There are hundreds of them, and even then I only have the most popular ones.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...