X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • User213029312
    • Mar 2004
    • 4.1.x

AOL Marking My Forum E-Mails As SPAM

Many of my new members are not getting their registration e-mails because apparently AOL is marking my site (http://www.animationinsider.net/forums/) e-mails as SPAM. Any suggestions on what I should do or if there is something vBulletin can do?

Thanks,
    Vincent
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

They are going to the aol spam folder? or your server has been spam listed?

Comment

• User213029312
      • Mar 2004
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Zachery
      They are going to the aol spam folder? or your server has been spam listed?
      I am guessing it has been spam listed since none of the members are receiving e-mails from the site. I don't have an AOL account, I just know from how people have explained it to me, it sounds like they are not getting the emails at all and this is only happening with AOL members.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Well are you getting bounced emails with 505 as the reason? if no one is getting emails, try enabling the -f paramater in the Admincp

Comment

• User213029312
          • Mar 2004
          • 4.1.x

Well are you getting bounced emails with 505 as the reason? if no one is getting emails, try enabling the -f paramater in the Admincp
          Hmm..Well, I am not getting any e-mails bouncing back, which is odd then.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

Have them check their spam folders.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• User213029312
              • Mar 2004
              • 4.1.x

Error Messages

After enabling this, I began getting these e-mails, just with different e-mails:

The original message was received at Sun, 16 May 2004 00:02:18 -0400
              from nobody@localhost

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
              [email protected]
              (reason: 554- (RTR:SC) The information presently available to AOL indicates)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
              ... while talking to mailin-03.mx.aol.com.:
              <<< 554- (RTR:SC) The information presently available to AOL indicates
              <<< 554- that this server has been repeatedly used to transmit unsolicited
              <<< 554- bulk e-mail to AOL. Based on AOL's e-mail policies at
              <<< 554- http://postmaster.info.aol.com/guide...standards.html, AOL cannot
              <<< 554- accept further e-mail transactions from this server for an extended
              <<< 554- period of time. Please have your ISP/ASP contact AOL to resolve the
              <<< 554- issue at 703.265.4670.
              <<< 554 Connecting IP: 65.77.108.91
              ... while talking to mailin-04.mx.aol.com.:
              >>> QUIT
              ... while talking to mailin-01.mx.aol.com.:
              >>> QUIT
              ... while talking to mailin-02.mx.aol.com.:
              >>> QUIT
              554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

AOL has blocked email from your server:

<<< 554- http://postmaster.info.aol.com/guid.../standards.html, AOL cannot

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• User213029312
                  • Mar 2004
                  • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  AOL has blocked email from your server:
                  What do I do about that to unblock the e-mail? That was my intention when making this thread.

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

Contact AOL, aol considerrs any and all email sent from your server to be spam, not just vBulletins.

Comment

• User213029312
                      • Mar 2004
                      • 4.1.x

Contact AOL, aol considerrs any and all email sent from your server to be spam, not just vBulletins.
                      Yes, but I sent registeration e-mails through vBulletin, which prompted this problem. I did not have this problem when I used Invision. It's only a recent problem.

Comment

• Zachery
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Jul 2002

It doesnt matter, now that aol has spam listed you, youll need to contact aol,

Is this a dedicated or shared serveR?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          • Jul 2000

Then perhaps AOL just recently added your server to the spam list. However you will need to contact them to clear this up.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• User213029312
                            • Mar 2004
                            • 4.1.x

It doesnt matter, now that aol has spam listed you, youll need to contact aol,

Is this a dedicated or shared serveR?
                            I am hosted by Ninjacode.com, on their server. I sent an e-mail message to [email protected] the other day with no response. How else do we contact them?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              • Jul 2000

You will need to ask your host to contract them for you since you do not run this server.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...