Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Please start a new thread with all the relevant details of your problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• asarian
      • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Aurous
      Ya I dont know why but I am still having the same problem. Its nothing to do with any broken link here. Its a flaw in the system, which I guess the vB coders have not been able to reproduce!

Is there a way I can send users a predefined activation code? So it doesnt reset itself and I dont have to manually change permissions for users? Its annoying as hell.

Aurous
      Steve has been most correct, actually, in explaining the problem. He really is right about this. It is clearly a mail client problem, and has nothing to do with Vb.

- Mark

System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---
      "If you were supposed to understand it,
      we wouldn't call it code." - FedEx

Comment

• W. Scott
        • Apr 2002

I would have to chime in on this one. I think I have found the main problem clients, Hotmail and AOL. Not all AOL users are complaining but, the ones that do, are using AOL's email client and no other. I ahven't been able to get the low down on Hotmail as most of my users are using POP3 seeting and Outlook, OE and such. So, to me, it sounds as if web mail based clients are "breaking" the the URL.

Comment

• hawke
          • Apr 2004

I am also having the same problem. There is no need to start a new thread as all of the valid info is here already.

Can anyone post info (steps) on how to use AdminCP to edit the default email to remove the activation URL and force the manual entry? This should provide a temporary fix to the problem.

Comment

• silly rabbit
            • Oct 2005
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by hawke
            I am also .
            Add another sufferer and my mail has nothing to do with AOL or Yahoo - very relavant thread (I was gonna 'search' for it and wham!!). Have two kids to pick up then will 'lookinto' further as well . . .

What was that notice on my server email config about using '+' if '@' is a problem??

Rabbit(is subscribing)
            Last edited by silly rabbit; Fri 28 Oct '05, 10:45am.

Comment

• silly rabbit
              • Oct 2005
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by silly rabbit
              Add another sufferer . . .
              Steve, I fixed the broken URL on activation problem! Like my webhost suggests in the vb 'webmaster address' I replaced the '@' with a '+' and the end return address is like you see here:
              <[email protected]>
              shXX is my server at surpass.

actvation link looks good!!(my spaces)
              h t t p://w w w.mydomain.com/register.php?a=act&u=5&i=99151956

Well, we'll see. I'm still getting 'page not found' when link is clicked but if I add /forums/ before 'register' then it works fine. This is my index.php in the root dir of my server drive.
              Code:
              <?php
              header("Location: "http://www.mydomain.com/forums/"
              ?>
              Any Suggestions?? Apparently 'mail' can't understand php . . .

Add in 'quartermaster+mydomain.com/forums' or 'quartermaster+mydomain/forums.com'???
              Last edited by silly rabbit; Sun 30 Oct '05, 1:39am.

Comment

• wetalksports
                • Aug 2008

We could not activate your account because this web address is not valid in hotmail

Whats this issue for.. I even tried to copy paste whole link.. still same issue.
                Any issue from vbulletin ?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...