X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cynthia
    • Oct 2001

Buddy list

The FAQ states:
    The buddy list is used to keep track of the friends you have made on this forum. By going to your "My vB Home", you'll be able to see which of your friends are currently online, and be able to send them a private message. Adding people to your buddy list also allow you to send private messages to multiple forum members at the same time. You may add any member of the forums to your buddy list by clicking this button in a member's posts.

Where is "My vB Home"?

Feeling really :duh

~Cynthia
    Eat Your Veggies
  • Hal
    • Feb 2001
    • 4.1.x

Try "User CP" on the navigation bar at the top of this page.
    Harold Kost

Comment

• Cynthia
      • Oct 2001

The User CP does hold the buddy list but none of the features given in the FAQ seem possible. I can;t see that my buddys are online nor is there a way to send them a PM from that list. Am I missing something?
      Eat Your Veggies

Comment

• the Sandman
        • Jul 2003
        • 3.7.x

Your buddies should be listed as online and offline in the list. In addition, there should be a checkbox next to each of their names - if you check the boxes next to the names of those you want to PM and press the "Send PM" button you will be taken to a new PM screen with the recipients already filled out for you.
        The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
        Articles - Forum Review
        Interviews:
        Kier • Scott • Jerry • Andreas • Steve • Wayne • Jake • Floris • Logician • Erwin •
        Paul M

Comment

• Arcanum
          • Dec 2001
          • 3.8.x

Actually the point, as I see it at least, is that FAQ blurb is apparently in error in that:

1) there is no "my vB home" (seems the only place I can find anything that opens the buddy list is via the quick links drop down menu ... one in User CP seems to only be for adding/deleting those in your buddy list). So unless I'm missing something... *shrug*

2) There is no button in the default templates for adding a person to one's buddy list. Button should be changed to 'link' and given drop down menus may be disabled in the control panel then shouldn't it primarily reference the link on profile pages no?

Bottom line is Jelsoft needs to probably correct the FAQ on these points in the next upgrade no?
          Joe
          ArcanumCafe.com

Comment

• Hal
            • Feb 2001
            • 4.1.x

Perhaps whoever has sorted out all of the FAQ errors or omissions could take a few minutes to post them in the 'Bug Tracker' so the devs know what has to be corrected.
            Harold Kost

Comment

• Cynthia
              • Oct 2001

But are the functions possible or aren't they?

Sandman tells me they are. But take a look at what I see when I open my Buddy List in my UserCP:

Where does it show them online or offfline? And where do I click to send some or all of them a PM?
              Attached Files
              Eat Your Veggies

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

Click on Quick Links, Open Buddys list

Comment

• Cynthia
                  • Oct 2001

Zachery! That's it!! LOL!! Thanks for pointing me.
                  Eat Your Veggies

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...