X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vigile
    • Oct 2000

Bypassing Min. Time Between Posts/PMs

Ok, here is one for ya.

I have a usergroup for which I would prefer to not have the limiting factor between PMs. Admins and Supers do not have such a limit, they are not bound by this[these] setting[s].

The only way around this is to grant the usergroup access to mod all forums. This just doesnt seem right. IF Supers are able to bypass it, why cant another usergroup be able to be set with the same parameter without granting them the proverbial "key to the city".

Something tells me someone might recommend granting the user access to the admincp as an alternative but restricting the user's access to have no admincp access. Sorry, not acceptable solution, I would like to see this at the usergroup level, the same way the Supers can bypass this limitation.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

The floodcheck setting is a global setting with exceptions made for admins and mods. Adding additional exceptions would require modifying the files. For this reason I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org, the official vB hacking site, for help with this.

Comment

• Vigile
      • Oct 2000

would making one a mod of a forum also bypass the filter?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Vigile
        would making one a mod of a forum also bypass the filter?
        Yes, but only in the forum for which they are a mod. Of course super mods can bypass the floodcheck in all forums.

Comment

• Vigile
          • Oct 2000

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
          Yes, but only in the forum for which they are a mod. Of course super mods can bypass the floodcheck in all forums.
          ok, but what of the PM floodcheck?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Vigile
            ok, but what of the PM floodcheck?
            In my testing it appears regular moderators are not subject to the PM floodcheck.

Comment

• Vigile
              • Oct 2000

thank you jake.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...