Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pjk
    • Apr 2002

Sometime I became someone else.

Actually I got this report from some users, sometime after they login for a while their account became to someone else. This qutie dangerous because after they became to someone else they can open private message of the name they became and I'm afraid that someone might take this benefit if they became to admin or some other modulator or super modulator.

Today it happend to me.. My login name is "D1" As show on #1 attached file. While I'm replying one of thread I press "Manage Attachment" button to upload file, browse a file, click "upload" button - suddenly there're a message pop-up that I doesn't have privillage to do that and if you see the name in attached file #2 you will see that login name became to someone else.

I'm check and found that the name I became to is onlining - then I'm log off - then login to my name again and repeat the process - same thing happend.

My vbulletin running on dedicated server (win2003, php as cgi) and my web site is the only site on this server - (actually, my board have this problem since old version 2.2.9 but I though this problem should be solve when I upgrade to V3.0.1 but it not)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pjk; Mon 10 May '04, 3:18pm. Reason: correct title
  • pjk
    • Apr 2002

More information - Only hack I install is MicroStat, I did change some phrase to local language, change color in main css and modify graphic files - that's all I did.

More information - php : global register - off, safe mode - on
    Last edited by pjk; Mon 10 May '04, 3:31pm. Reason: Enter more information.

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Does this happen when you use the original vB3 files and templates? We can't provide support for hacked forums here. Is this happening to anyone else but you?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• pjk
        • Apr 2002

As I said Micro Stat is the only hack I install. I didn't touch VB template but main CCS (for fonts and colors), some phrase (for local language) and graphic files. if you visit my board at http://www.thaidphoto.com/forums you will see that it very plain like regular VB board but changed color, graphic button and language.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Again, does this happen when you use the original vB files and templates?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...