Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lee Herron
    • Jun 2001

unknown styleoverride

I see a few threads with this topic, but no clear resolution.

I've been running vB2 for quite some time now and recently upgraded to vb3, now I'm receiving emails with the errors:

Invalid SQL: SELECT forum.forumid,styleid,styleoverride FROM forum,thread WHERE forum.forumid=thread.forumid AND threadid='135835'
    mysql error: Unknown column 'styleoverride' in 'field list'

mysql error number: 1054

Date: Monday 03rd of May 2004 12:41:00 PM
    Script: /showthread.php?s=&threadid=135835&highlight=tutorials
    and
    Invalid SQL: SELECT templatesetid,replacementsetid,userselect FROM style WHERE styleid='1'
    mysql error: Unknown column 'templatesetid' in 'field list'

Date: Monday 03rd of May 2004 12:25:23 PM
    Script: /showthread.php?s=1c5a2923d412a084619e3b4f13c2f4
    indicating that there are fields missing from my database. I ran all the upgrade scripts from the vb2 version I was running to vb3.01 with no errors.

Any ideas here?
    - lh
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Those columns don't exist in vB3 and are not called for in showthread.php. Reupload the original showthread.php file from the vB 3.0.1 zip file. Make sure you upload in ASCII and overwrite the one on the server.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• pjk
      • Apr 2002

I got same error
      Invalid SQL: SELECT templatesetid,replacementsetid,userselect FROM style WHERE styleid='1'

and did try as your suggestion buy upload the original showthread.php to the web site (actually, the existed one is the original unhack one). But the problem is still there.

Help..

Thank you.

PS: My board was upgraded from V2.2.9 to V3.0.1 and changed attachments storage type to file.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Since that column and query is not called by showthread.php, the only way this could be happening from that script is if you are using the wrong file.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• pjk
          • Apr 2002

Then how can I solve the problem, the only hack that I install to my board is microstat, and I just edit some phrase to local language and modify color in main css that all.

Thank you.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

As I said you will not get this error with the original showthread.php file (assuming that is the script mentioned in the error.) Since you have not posted the entire error message I don't know this for certain.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• pjk
              • Apr 2002

Sorry that I forgot to post the full error - look like it happend from index.php files and the my index.php is genuine unhack one. I did try to upload fresh uncompressed from zip file I downloaded from vbulletin.com (actually there're exactly same file) and the problem is still there.
              Database error in vBulletin :

Date: Monday 10th of May 2004 05:12:00 PM
              Script: /forum/index.php
              Referer:

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

There is no 'templatesetid' column in the vB3 style table - nor does any vB3 file call it. You will not get this error if you are running the default vB3 files and templates.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• pjk
                  • Apr 2002

Is it possible that it happend from upgrad procedure? And again that I confirm you the MicroStat is the only hack I installed. Does it serious to leave the error like that or should I do something?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

This has nothing to do with the upgrade process except for the fact that you are not using the 3.0.1 files and templates. I have already told you how to fix this. Reupload the original vB 3.0.1 files and possibly revert the templates as well.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• alkahf
                      • Nov 2001
                      • 4.1.x

Same Error

Hello
                      The same Error when I submit announcement from ACP:

<!--
                      Database error in vBulletin 3.0.1:

Invalid SQL:
                      ### INSERT QUERY GENERATED BY fetch_query_sql() ###
                      INSERT INTO announcement
                      (forumid, title, allowbbcode, allowsmilies, allowhtml, startdate, enddate, pagetext, userid)
                      VALUES
                      ('-1', 'test', '1', '1', '0', '1085209200', '1087887600', 'test', '1')
                      mysql error: Unknown column 'allowbbcode' in 'field list'

Date: Saturday 22nd of May 2004 01:49:46 PM
                      Script: http://www.?????.com/admincp/announcement.php
                      Referer: http://www.?????.com/admincp/announcement.php?do=add
                      Username: admin
                      IP Address: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx
                      -->

SOS

alkahf
                      الحمدُ للهِ الذي أنزلَ على عبدِهِ الكتابَ و لم يجعل لهُ عِوَجًا - سورة الكهف 1
                      Winner - vB Board of the Month - March 2008
                      Winner vB Board of Year 2005
                      vbulletinclub.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

alkahf, please start your own thread. Your problem is a different one. Nonetheless you are missing a default field in the announcement table. In the new thread please post exactly what you have done up to now.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...