Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PhoenixBB
    • May 2002

Adding new category strips

I just know the answer is gonna be obvious, but I'm absolutely stumped. I have searched the forums here to no avail.

I'm not a newbie at this, I've got a very heavily hacked 2.26. Just downloaded and setup a clean installation of V3 but I'm stuck with the one category with a list of forums.

I'm obviously missing something very obvious because your front page has the categories

vBulletin Announcements and Discussion (with 2 forums)
    vBulletin Sales (1 forum)
    vBulletin 3 (8 Forums)
    etc etc

I'm just getting the one no matter what I use for the parent. So how do I get me more collapsible categories?

Thanks!
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Add a new Category with no parrent and add subforums

Comment

• PhoenixBB
      • May 2002

I would but I can't find nowhere to add a Category. All I got is 'add forums'. There doesn't appear to be anywhere mentioning categories, but of course there has to be.

I'm obviously having a blonde moment here so talk to me as if I'm very stupid. Where is the 'Add Category' function. It's not in the Forum Manager.

You're gonna tell me it is, I can feel it in me water.

Comment

• PhoenixBB
        • May 2002

From the 'help' files: On the Modify Forums screen..... well this might seem to point the way. Except where is this screen? It's not the Forum Manager, because it says: "Under the Forum Controls, across from each forum title", are the following options: (the latter two) Move Contents and Empty Forum and they are obviously not in the Forum Managers drop down box.

So what version are the help files referring to, because it obviously isn't 3.01!

Comment

• Drile
          • Nov 2001

Forum Manager > Add New Forum > Posting Options > Act as Forum (Will act as category if no)

Select no, and you have a new category.
          -Neal

Comment

• PhoenixBB
            • May 2002

Yes!!!!

I would offer to bear your children but I'm too old and raddled.

May your beer never run out.

I now have Categories! Thank you!!

*Numfar! Do the Dance Of Joy!*

'Tis the little things.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...