Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • badham
    • Sep 2002

How do I modify my login box......

Work with the Vbadvanced portal. I have my forums set so that unregistered users can not see the forums, so the VB3 login box pops up. If a member types the url www.mysite.com when the login box pops up and the member enters his name and password, it looks for login.php at www.mysite.com instead of www.mysite.com/forums. What template or file do I need to modify and how to make it where I can hard code the url so the login box will work on both the portal page and the forum page. Thanks

badham
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Assuming you are talking about the login form in the navbar...

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Navigation / Breadcrumb Templates -> navbar

Add the appropriate red code:

Code:
    		<!-- login form -->
    		<form action="[color=red]/forum/[/color]login.php" method="post" onsubmit="md5hash(vb_login_password,vb_login_md5password)">
    		<script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/vbulletin_md5.js"></script>

Comment

• badham
      • Sep 2002

Jake, When the forums can not be viewed, you get a single pop up box to log in, that is what I am talking about. It has nothing to do with the navbar as it can not be seen when a user can not view the forums...........hope this helps as I am sure at my wits end trying to fix this.

badham

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Try making a similar change to the STANDARD_ERROR template.

Comment

• badham
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
          Try making a similar change to the STANDARD_ERROR template.
          Ok thanks, that is the one I have been playing with, but have not made it work yet. Thanks again.............

badham

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...