• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • etones
    • Sep 2000

Preventing Archive?

How exactly do you stop certain forums appearing in the archive? :S

Taz
    http://www.e-tones.co.uk - The best site on the net for mobile phones.
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

The same permissions apply to the user watching the archive as when they watch the forum.

Test it as a admin, super mod, mod, registered, banned and guest and see the differences.

Comment

• maikj
      • Dec 2001

Wrong....

This is not correct! I have several protected forums and the content shows up in the archive! That is a Security Problem!! I just created a support request...

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

If it is the same support ticket I answered twice, then I could definitely not see those private forums when accessing as a Guest.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

If you are logged in and viewing the archive YOU will see these hidden forums, however logout and check as a guest.

Comment

• fishindex
            • Mar 2002

The logic behind relying on permissions isn't bad, but needs some help from a forum enable bit. Presumably, the point of the archives is to be search engine friendly, and people may have forums that they don't necessarily want to lose bandwidth to that are still available to Guests.

See my post in this thread for the method to completely disable specific forums from showing up in the list, despite permissions:
            Editing Froum Titles in /archive/global.php

Also in that post is the suggestion to add an archive enable bit to the forum options flags.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...