frozen at Step 27 (no error message, just frozen)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • R.Thompson
    • Mar 2004

frozen at Step 27 (no error message, just frozen)

I am trying to upgrade from 2.3.4 to version 3.0.1

Everything seemed to be going fine till step 27. The page has finished loading but nothing has happened (been about 20 minutes). I have about 50 forums but only a few hundred posts. Is that enough to cause a major slowdown, and if so what should the screen say while it is updating?

Here is the info on the server of my hosting company:
    PlatformFreeBSD martinique.globat.com 4.8-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE #0: Wed May i386 Web ServerServer version: Apache/1.3.29 (Unix) Server built: Nov 11 2003 16:53:18 PHP4.3.4 MySQL4.0.13 PERL v5.8.0 built for i386-freebsd PHPMyAdminphpMyAdmin 2.5.0

Any help you can give would be appreciated,
    Thanks
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Globat does NOT have xml support. you cannot run vB3 on their servers.

Comment

• R.Thompson
      • Mar 2004

Thanks for the quick response.

Actually Globat does have XML but I just did not mention it, sorry about that. I just got off the virtual chat site at Globat and the technician said that I need to add the following line dl("xml.so");

Where do I put it?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

:confused: Ok i tryed to install vb rc4 on my host and it says.... I've contacted my servers and they said to add dl("xml.so") to the file that is calling the XML module.... but for a start i dont know what file is calling it, and secondly i dont know where to add the script anyway... So i was wondering as a
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• R.Thompson
          • Mar 2004

Thanks for the help. I tried searching for that phrase but did not have any luck. I modified the config.php file and that fixed step 27... but now I have a problem with step 28. I will thoroughly search the forum for that solution before posting.

Thanks again

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by R.Thompson
            Thanks for the help. I tried searching for that phrase but did not have any luck. I modified the config.php file and that fixed step 27... but now I have a problem with step 28. I will thoroughly search the forum for that solution before posting.

Thanks again
            Step 28 on what file? what is the full error?

Comment