X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

I don't notice any slowdowns.

Do you have the problem when you remove the border code?

Comment

• MRGTB
      • May 2005

Mmmmm

I just went into my internet explorer settings and cleared all temp files, history and cookies because I noticed it seemed as a guest there it wasn't doing it, but logged in it was doing it.

After clearing the IE settings seemed OK so far. So I'll keep an eye on it now and see if it starts off again. But I installed this on a previous board and had the same problems then also, which went as soon as I removed all code in the header and footer.

I'm just gonna have to keep and eye on it now I've cleared all IE history and cookies and offline temp files etc. To see if it starts again.

I want to ask another question though. Is there anyway of adjusting the width and colour of the border without changing the settings in the Table Border template settings, as when I did that making it 3 pixels wide and changed the colour. It also changes the border width around the inner forum boxes also as well as the page border, same with colour which I didn't want.

Can the border colour and width be controlled from just the code in the header so it only effects the page border only

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Code:
        [color=red]<table style="background-color: #D1D1E1; color: #000000; border: 1px solid #0B198C;" width="$stylevar[outertablewidth]" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" align="center">
        <tr>
        <td align="top">[/color]

<!-- logo -->
        <a name="top"></a>
        <table border="0" width="$stylevar[outertablewidth]" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="center">
        <tr>
        Change the stuff in the style tag appropriately.

Comment

• MRGTB
          • May 2005

cheers Jake

Comment

• MRGTB
            • May 2005

Code:
            [COLOR=#ff0000]<table style="background-color: #D1D1E1; color: #000000; border: 1px solid #0B198C;" width="$stylevar[outertablewidth]" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" align="center">
            <tr>
            <td align="top">[/COLOR]

What exactly are the 3 colours for jake?

I understand this controls the colour of the border itself and the pixel width:
            border: 1px solid #0B198C;

But what are these two other colours for:
            table style="background-color: #D1D1E1; color: #000000;

Comment

• Jake Bunce
              • Dec 2000
              • 3.6.x

I just pulled it from the default tborder class. Those values correspond to the stuff in your:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Main CSS (in the menu) -> Table Border

The border attribute is the only one that matters for this application. You can delete the others.

Comment

• MRGTB
                • May 2005

Jake, I'm still getting some threads freezing when using IE to click some links to view threads. Can you try viewing my site again using IE. To see if you get the same thread freezing and hanging effect when trying to view them.

Remember though, it is random, but it happens quite a lot to me though. So it's should not take more that 5-6 threads viewed in IE before one hangs for you when loading.

PS: I have a fixed width with the code removed in the header for the right side banner image. That was removed ages ago to have a fixed width with a centered banner well before installing this page border mod.
                Last edited by MRGTB; Thu 29 Dec '05, 7:22am.

Comment

• MRGTB
                  • May 2005

Think I sorted it, the problem I think was in the code you posted for me were you missed out a <td> in the header.

Code:
                  [LEFT][COLOR=black]<table style="background-color: #D1D1E1; color: #000000; border: 1px solid #0B198C;" width="$stylevar[outertablewidth]" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" align="center">[/COLOR][/LEFT][COLOR=black]
                  <tr>[COLOR=red]<td>
                  [/COLOR]<td align="top">[/COLOR]

I also finished up using it like this with some of the code removed that was un-needed. So I could just control the border width and colour

Code:
                  <table style="border: 1px solid #0B198C;" width="$stylevar[outertablewidth]" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" align="center">
                  [COLOR=black]<tr><td>[/COLOR]
                  [COLOR=black]<td align="top">
                  [/COLOR]
                  Last edited by MRGTB; Thu 29 Dec '05, 10:36am.

Comment

• MRGTB
                    • May 2005

Na, still the same. threads hanging.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                      • Dec 2000
                      • 3.6.x

There isn't a missing cell.

Sorry, I don't know what is causing your problem.

Comment

• BellyBelly
                        • Apr 2006
                        • 3.6.x

I followed these instructions for my new forum, but it had probs with word wrapping (had to scroll) and I don't want that... can you please look at my forum and tell me what I can do, I basically want to fill the top part where the logo is as white without making the words wrap?

I'll eventually put a banner up as well as more images. I have seen some funky stuff on other people's forums where they have like a rectangular border with graphics across the top... is that just one big image? If so, what size? Sorry for the million q's...

Comment

• phaser
                          • Jan 2007
                          • 3.6.x

This is great! Just what I was looking for. Thanks!

Comment

• pixelman
                            • Nov 2008

What if I do not want the grey area that this code adds?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...