How to prevent moderators from prunning and..?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ITDev
    • Mar 2004

How to prevent moderators from prunning and..?

Is there a way for me to prevent my moderators (and supermods) from prunning the board? I think this is not something you would want to allow right about everyone.. At least I dont.

I would also like to know if there is a way to rpevent them from moving whole sections from the Mod CP? Im OK with them moving individual posts, but the freedom that Mod CP is giving them seems a bit too much..

Thanks a lot!
    TraceRT - Networking Tools | CyberAdmirer - Post your pic
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

You should be able to assign / deny these permissions to mods, but not SuperMods.

A supermod is an admin with out AdminCP Access.

Comment

• ITDev
      • Mar 2004

Thanks!

And if I check (in the Moderator group editing page) field saying: "Can Moderate All Forums (is Super Moderator)" does that make him the kind of Super Moderator as you were reffering to? Cos I would like to have a mod with edit/move/etc permissions in all forums and with access to the IP search and User Banning as well, but not prunning and general moving of the threads from within the ModCP. Is that possible without having to asign him as moderator to each of the forums by hand? I hope this is not too confusing..

Kudos on a great support on this forum and sorry for bombing you with questions, but Im eager to finally launch the new, vB upgraded forum
      TraceRT - Networking Tools | CyberAdmirer - Post your pic

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

No, a supermod is the same as an admin who cannot access the admincp, so if you want to restrict the ability to mass-(move/prune) youll need to assing them to each forum.

Comment

• Black Tiger
          • Mar 2001

Well that's a pity, because when one wants overall (or full-board) moderators who moderate each forum, it is easy to put them in the Super moderator group.

What do one wants with admins who are not admins only because they can't access the Admin cp? That's were the "can use admincp" option is for in usergroups isn't it?

I also have this problem, that supermoderators on Vb3x now have more rights then they ever had in vb2 and that's not fun.
          Especially when having a big board with lots of forums, and a moderator comes or goes, you have to adjust all the options.

So I agree with ITDev, and wonder why supermods are now given options which they had not in vb2 without having the ability to disable this for them.

Is there an option in a template or php file which can be adjusted or removed so they can't prune?
          Greetings, Black Tiger

Comment

• Oracle simsim
            • Jul 2009

vbulletin: prevent moderators from using "Prune Threads Manager"

Please tell me if you need any help
            منتديات درر العراق

Comment

• Alfa1
              • Dec 2005
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Oracle simsim
              Thanks for that!
              Works well in vb 3.8

Its a simply plugin, but should be released on vb.org as it is useful to many sites.
              I buy 420 forums

Comment

• Oracle simsim
                • Jul 2009

I am shy to publish it .. it is very simple haha

I made many other (simple) plugins to make my vbulleitn exactly as I need (optimize, seo, more features etc.)
                منتديات درر العراق

Comment

• Alfa1
                  • Dec 2005
                  • 3.8.x

Simple plugins are the best IMO. Many would benefit from this.
                  Please share your other plugins.
                  I buy 420 forums

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Aug 2002
                    • 5.7.X

Hopefully after 7 years Black Tiger will be sorted...
                    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Oracle simsim
                      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Alfa1
                      Simple plugins are the best IMO. Many would benefit from this.
                      Please share your other plugins.
                      though I really don't know what is "IMO". But it I understood that the "simple plugins" are good. ok.. I will publish them all in my forum and group the links in one thread here ( or in vb.org). and update you in your profile, alfa1

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                      Hopefully after 7 years Black Tiger will be sorted...
                      hahaha .. I really laughed a lot for this reply. It is 7 years ?!! .. I didn't note that

in any way, this will be useful (as I wish) for those who find this thread via google (like me)
                      منتديات درر العراق

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...