• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wulf
    • Apr 2004
    • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Editing 'Forum Rules/User's Agreement' for new registrants

Hello:

Currently, whenever someone begins the registration process they are presented with a default "user's agreement/forum rules" page which they must "agree" to before being allowed to complete the registration process. Is there a way to edit this agreement and customize it to suit the needs of my board?

Also, once the registrant completes the initial registration process they are presented with a "registration completion" page telling them that they must now wait to have their registration activated. I'd like to edit this page as well. Is there a way to do this?

Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Wulf
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wulf
    Hello:

Currently, whenever someone begins the registration process they are presented with a default "user's agreement/forum rules" page which they must "agree" to before being allowed to complete the registration process. Is there a way to edit this agreement and customize it to suit the needs of my board?

Also, once the registrant completes the initial registration process they are presented with a "registration completion" page telling them that they must now wait to have their registration activated. I'd like to edit this page as well. Is there a way to do this?

Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Wulf
    Everything you just asked about is in the PHRASE manager

AdminCP > Language & Phrases > Phrase Manager > Search for phrases

Comment

• Wulf
      • Apr 2004
      • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Originally posted by Zachery
      Everything you just asked about is in the PHRASE manager

AdminCP > Language & Phrases > Phrase Manager > Search for phrases
      Wow! Excellent! Very frickin' cool. Much thanks. Now I'm off to tinker with this!

Thanks,

Wulf

Comment

• SRobbins1977
        • Oct 2009
        • 3.0.0 Gamma

Is there a tutorial for this? I can not figure this out.

EDIT: I search for a buch of phrases in my current rules in the Search for Phrases, but this:
        Originally posted by Forum Rules
        Although the administrators and moderators of this site will attempt to keep all objectionablemessages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views ofthe author, and neither the owners of this site, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin)will be held responsible for the content of any message.
        By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar,sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
        The owners of this site reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.
        ...isnt coming up... where exactly does this reside? Many thanks.

EDIT 2: I got it. Its in a location I tried before, but for some reason I hadto try 5 times before it took. So strange. It in forum_rules_description for anyone else that needs it.
        Last edited by SRobbins1977; Fri 4 Feb '11, 3:06pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...