X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Olate
    • Jan 2004
    • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 3

RSS External Feed - Poster

I have sucessfully parsed the vB3.0 external.php RSS feed to display the title and link the title to the correct post in the forums. However, I also want to display the poster's name at the side.

Previously, I have used JS to parse the js feed and that allows me to display the poster's name:

PHP Code:
    document.writeln("<li><a href=\"http://www.olate.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid="+threads[i].threadid+"\">"+threads[i].title+"</a>&nbsp;("+threads[i].poster+")</li><br />"); 
    This is achived by using the threads[i].poster reference. However, this doesn't seem to be possible, or easy to do with PHP/RSS:

PHP Code:
    echo '<li><a href="'.$item['link'].'">'.$item['title'].'</a> - <span>'.$postervariablegoeshere.'</span></li>'
    I can't find how to get the poster data from the RSS feed. If I look at www.olate.com/forums/external.php then the poster data I want is within a <description> tag, but also within a CDATA tag:

Code:
    - <description>
    - <![CDATA[ 
    Forum: Requests/Suggestions
    Posted By: digit
    Post Time: 12-04-2004 at 10:33:43 PM

]]> 
    </description>
    How do I go about getting the posted by data out and into my php variable?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...