how can i limit members to join the new usergroup?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yl88
    • Mar 2004
    • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4

how can i limit members to join the new usergroup?

i created a new usergroup to allow members with a number of post to join(I set a promotion), but it doesnt work, even new members could join this group at their control panel without any problem.

anyone can help me out?
  • the Sandman
    • Jul 2003
    • 3.7.x

What settings did you use for the promotion? Did you make the new usergroup a Public Group?
    The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
    Articles - Forum Review
    Interviews:
    KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
    Paul M

Comment

• yl88
      • Mar 2004
      • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4

now i made the new usergroup as a non-Public Custom Group (I clicked 'No').

Senior
      Member Additional Usergroups Posts and Reputation and Date 0 0 50
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------

the above is the setting of promotion.

my question now becomes how a qualified member(50 posts) joins this new usergroup, i cant see there is a option at the member control panel.

Comment

• the Sandman
        • Jul 2003
        • 3.7.x

The promotion will be automatic (the system will check once per hour to see if anyone should be promoted). Just to be sure I understand, you want the promotion to take place when the user reaches 50 posts, right? You don't want to consider length of time registered or reputation. What did you choose for your "Promotion Strategy" - it should be "Posts". If I'm reading your post correctly, your new usergroup is called "Senior Member" and is added as an additional group. Just make sure that the option "Allow Users to have Member Groups" is set to 'Yes' in the member's primary group (probably "Registered Users").
        The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
        Articles - Forum Review
        Interviews:
        KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
        Paul M

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...