Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stokesy_dcfc
    • Apr 2004

Attachment table question

We have a large-ish database of around 1gb with about 600mb of that in the attachments table. I want to prune this but whenever I try to access the attachment facilities in the admincp, the server falls to its knees and any mysql/php operations become extremely slow.

Is there a method of safetly removing old attachments from the attachment table (i want to at least halve the size of it)? I was thinking along the lines of a straight "DELETE from attachment where ... " etc at the Mysql command prompt but would like advice from vb support before I pursue anything.

Thanks.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You could run 'DELETE from attachment where ...' and choose something like the dateline field. However you will have problem with the posts that still refer to these attachments. I'm not sure if reparing the database after doing this will fix those problems or not.

The other thing you can do is search for attachments in the Attachments section of the Admin CP and delete them this way.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...