Unique post icons per style -- a workaround?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • griffman
    • Dec 2001

Unique post icons per style -- a workaround?

I believe, from what I've read and discovered in the Admin CP, that this is technically not possible. However, using replacement variables, it seems that it just might be. In the theme for which I wished to create custom icons, I added a new replacement variable:

Replace 'src="images/icons/' with 'src="images/icons/custom_theme/' ... this seems to have done the trick, as my icons are all now being read out of a 'custom_theme' sub-directory, and they look nothing like the standard post icons.

My question is ... what are the downsides to my solution? The only one I can think of is that nobody will be able to post anything that contains the string 'src="images/icons/' as it will get the custom_theme bit added to it ... I think I can live with this problem. But are there other things I'm overlooking?

thanks;
    -rob.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by griffman
    My question is ... what are the downsides to my solution? The only one I can think of is that nobody will be able to post anything that contains the string 'src="images/icons/' as it will get the custom_theme bit added to it ... I think I can live with this problem. But are there other things I'm overlooking?
    The replacement variable method seems like a good one. I can't think of any downsides other than the one you mentioned.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...