Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Natural
    • Jun 2003

post install duties

I don't recall seeing in the VB3 manual any instructions for removing or deleting the install.php or upgrade.php files as was instructed to do with VB2. Are we supposed to delete the install directory, or the install and upgrade.php files when installation is complete?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

The only thing you need to delete is install.php. You can delete the upgrade scripts if you want.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Mr. Natural
      • Jun 2003

Thanks Steve.

Comment

• tubedogg
        • Feb 2001

Originally posted by Mr. Natural
        Thanks Steve.
        You really should delete the whole /install directory just to be on the safe side.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Actually you should leave the .xml files in place in case you need to reimport any of them. They don't present any risk.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• tubedogg
            • Feb 2001

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            Actually you should leave the .xml files in place in case you need to reimport any of them. They don't present any risk.
            They may not but the chances of needing to reimport them is slight and I find it just easier to wipe out the whole directory and then reupload on the off chance that I need them. *shrug*

Comment

• Mr. Natural
              • Jun 2003

I renamed the install directory along with getting rid of the php files.

Comment

• Kier
                Former Lead Developer, vBulletin
                • Sep 2000

Leave the install directory in place. Protect it with .htaccess password authorization if you want to, but there is really no need to remove any of its contents apart from install.php itself.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...