Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xbleed
    • Oct 2003

A couple of "conditional" questions..

Okay, what I'm wanting to do is add a reviews system to my vB board. I was thinking about doing this with conditionals (the first post in the forum uses a different template than the rest) so I can make the first post be the review, and the other posts be user comments or something.

How would I do this to only do that in a certain forum? I'd like all the other forums to function normally. I've tried the whole "if forumid=3" (not exact code, but similar) and had no luck.

Any help?
    Thanks,
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

I was thinking about this, it would probally best to create a child style, and display it only in the one forum that needs this option

but then to format the first post
    <if condition="$post[postcount] == 1">First post<else /> All other posts</if>

Comment

• xbleed
      • Oct 2003

Yeah, I was thinking that would be the only way to do it also..
      That might actually be easier, cause I'll have certain fields to fill out on the reviews that I don't want showing up on the normal forums as well.

If there's anyone that knows of a different way to do this though, let me know! Cause this would kinda suck whenever I decided to change the sites style.

Comment

• tubedogg
        • Feb 2001

Originally posted by xbleed
        Yeah, I was thinking that would be the only way to do it also..
        That might actually be easier, cause I'll have certain fields to fill out on the reviews that I don't want showing up on the normal forums as well.

If there's anyone that knows of a different way to do this though, let me know! Cause this would kinda suck whenever I decided to change the sites style.
        That's the beauty of child styles. They inherit everything from the parent, except what you explicitly change. Assuming you don't modify things like colors etc. in the child, they will always be inherited and change automatically when you change the parent.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...