Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Snappa
    • Mar 2004

Can i RESET REPUTATION???

Just a thought, in case i wanted to reset... If so please state how to...
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

I'm not positive, but I think you run this query:

DELETE FROM reputation

If you use table prefixes then you need to change reputation to include the prefix. Backup first!

Then update your counters:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Rebuild User Reputation

Comment

• Snappa
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jake Bunce

DELETE FROM reputation

If you use table prefixes then you need to change reputation to include the prefix. Backup first!

thanks ill give it a try...

Comment

• Snappa
        • Mar 2004

is there any other way though?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
          • Dec 2000
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Snappa
          is there any other way though?
          Not to my knowledge.

Comment

• Snappa
            • Mar 2004

Not to my knowledge.
            Ok, then can an administrator delete a reputation that he was given?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
              • Dec 2000
              • 3.6.x

I don't see any way to edit or delete reputation "votes" in the Admin CP, nor have I ever come across such a feature. I combed through the entire Admin CP while doing the inline help topics, so I probably would have seen it if it was there.

Comment

• buffy
                • Jan 2003

did anyone find a way to delete a reputation given??

we have a few trouble makers giving bad reputations just to be asses. anyway to avoid this? if there isnt a way to delete, can we somehow make those ppl unable to vote?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                  • Dec 2000
                  • 3.6.x

You can make it so certain users have little or no reputation giving power by adjusting the settings in your:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Reputation Options

Will this work for you?

Comment

• buffy
                    • Jan 2003

i've been looking in that section. i dont see anything there that will let me give access to select ppl.

also...one of my forum members says he doesn't see his Reputation info in his CP. he sees his points, but not the rest of the stuff, like the rating, user, and post for each reputation he got. i see mine ok, but since i'm an administrator...i was thinking maybe it's different for admins and regular users

i'd also like to know that since i'm an administrator, if i give rep to someone...does it show up in their reputation? the Administrator's Reputation Power in the admin CP gave me the idea that maybe it doesnt show up when we give/take away rep
                    Last edited by buffy; Sat 1 May '04, 8:49pm.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                      • Dec 2000
                      • 3.6.x

I don't know of a feature to grant/revoke reputation giving power at the user level, nor do I know of a feature to enable/disable people from viewing their reputation votes in their User CP.

I tested the reputation feature on my test forum and my test users were always able to see their reputation votes in their User CP, whether they were admins or not.

If that forum member continues having problems you should try voting on one of his posts and logging as under his account to see if the vote shows up in their User CP.

Comment

• buffy
                        • Jan 2003

ok cool- i will log in his account if he still complains about not seeing the reputation

i am confused at the part of your post where you said...I don't know of a feature to grant/revoke reputation giving power at the user level, nor do I know of a feature to enable/disable people from viewing their reputation votes in their User CP.

if you don't know of a way, why did you make this statement below?

You can make it so certain users have little or no reputation giving power by adjusting the settings in your:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Reputation Options

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                          • Dec 2000
                          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by buffy
                          if you don't know of a way, why did you make this statement below?
                          By "certain users" I meant "users who don't meet the criteria specified in that section of your Admin CP."

You can specify criteria in that section of your Admin CP to scale the reputation giving power of users based on things like registration date, post count, etc.

Comment

• JohnK
                            • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Snappa
                            Ok, then can an administrator delete a reputation that he was given?
                            It's not possible within VB but it's easy using something like phpMyAdmin to edit the database directly.

You will need to look at the table called "Reputation" and you will also need to know the user ID of the user whose entries you want to edit. You can find this in the address of the Public Profile for the user.

It's not an elegant solution, but for occasional use it does the job!

John

Comment

• Darakir
                              • Feb 2010

DELETE FROM reputation

Ok, this might seem a bit odd to post is this very, very old thread, but I was looking for how to reset the reputation on my board and found this, so I just want to tell everyone on 4.x that this still works excellent. The only thing that has changed is that the path name is no longer Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance, but just Admin CP -> Maintenance
                              Anyway, worked great, thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...