Clear All
  • kisby
    • Apr 2002

I want to send a PM to everyone in a user group

Can this be done?
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Currently vBulletin does not have a feature like that. However, you can send a PM to multiple people by specifying a list of usernames in the Recipients field.

Use the attached script to generate a list of usernames for the Recipients field. Edit $groupid = 5; to specify the usergroupid of the target usergroup. Then upload the file to your forum directory and run it from your browser.

Make sure your group has permission to send enough PMs at once to cover the entire list:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Maximum Recipients to Send PMs at a time
    Attached Files

Comment

• Mermaid
      • Mar 2008
      • 3.6.x

I tried this and get an error:

Code:
      Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object in /xxxxxxxx/usersingroup.php on line 7

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Not sure why you'd think something from 6 years ago would still work. Please post your question in the correct forum, there is no such functionality at this time.

Comment

• Mermaid
          • Mar 2008
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Zachery
          Not sure why you'd think something from 6 years ago would still work.
          Why not?

I just did a search and this is all that came up.

Can you help with an answer instead of criticising me for posting in a relevant topic?

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

What the original poster wants is not pssible in the default code. Please post at vBulletin.org for more help, and in the future start your own thread instead of bumping a 6 year old thread

Comment

• Mermaid
              • Mar 2008
              • 3.6.x

What the original poster wants is not pssible in the default code. Please post at vBulletin.org for more help, and in the future start your own thread instead of bumping a 6 year old thread
              Is there any reason you have to be so rude?

Why not just remove or close the the threads if people aren't supposed to find them in a search.

Sometimes if you start a thread you get criticised for not searching first.

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

The staff here will not normally tell you to search first, most of the time we just point you in the right direction.

Comment

• Mermaid
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 3.6.x

Could we have some rules on what threads we are not allowed to reply to please?

If we are not supposed to reply to a thread, why is it not locked?

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

You can reply to threads, but in general if you need help with something start your own. Also if the thread is several years old, its best not to post in it.

Comment

• Mermaid
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 3.6.x

Is this a rule of this forum, I apologise if I didn't see it.

But even if I transgressed forum policy, there's no need to be rude:

and in the future start your own thread instead of bumping a 6 year old thread
                      Besides, in the past I have asked questions, and then just been referred to old threads.

Comment

• jonsidneyb
                        • Mar 2006

I was trying to post elsewhere. I got lost.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...