X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • envy-uk
    • Mar 2004
    • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Adding A Link To Navigation

I'm wishing to add a link to the main navigation that appears on every page, a text link that will link to paid subscriptions. How would I go about this?

Thank you for any help.
  • Yuneek
    • Feb 2004
    • 3.0.0 'Gold'

You would find this inside of the header style. It's going to require editing of raw code. I don't know of any front-end options for adding and deleting of navigational links as of now. I'm assuming vB3 3.0.0 Gold as well.

-Yuneek

Comment

• Jake Bunce
      • Dec 2000
      • 3.6.x

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Navigation / Breadcrumb Templates -> navbar

Find this code. Add the code in red:

Code:
      <!-- nav buttons bar -->
      <div align="center">
      	<table class="tborder" cellpadding="$stylevar[cellpadding]" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%" align="center" style="border-top-width:0px">
      	<tr align="center">	
      		<!--<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="$vboptions[forumhome].php?$session[sessionurl]">Home</a></td>-->

[color=red]<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="subscriptions.php?$session[sessionurl]">Paid Subscriptions</a></td>[/color]

<if condition="$show['member']">
      			<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="usercp.php?$session[sessionurl]">$vbphrase[user_cp]</a></td>
      		</if>
      		<if condition="$show['registerbutton']">
      			<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="register.php?$session[sessionurl]">$vbphrase[register]</a></td>
      		</if>
      		<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="faq.php?$session[sessionurl]">$vbphrase[faq]</a></td>
      		<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="memberlist.php?$session[sessionurl]">$vbphrase[members_list]</a></td>
      		<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="calendar.php?$session[sessionurl]">$vbphrase[calendar]</a></td>
      		<if condition="$show['popups']">		
      			<if condition="$show['searchbuttons']">
      				<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getnew">$vbphrase[new_posts_nav]</a></td>
      				<else />
      				<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getdaily">$vbphrase[todays_posts]</a></td>
      				</if>
      				<td id="navbar_search" class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]">$vbphrase[search]</a> <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("navbar_search"); </script></td>
      			</if>
      			<if condition="$bbuserinfo['userid']">
      				<td id="usercptools" class="vbmenu_control"><a href="#usercptools">$vbphrase[quick_links]</a> <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("usercptools"); </script></td>		
      			</if>
      		<else />		
      			<if condition="$show['searchbuttons']">
      				<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]">$vbphrase[search]</a></td>
      				<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getnew">$vbphrase[new_posts_nav]</a></td>
      				<else />
      				<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getdaily">$vbphrase[todays_posts]</a></td>
      				</if>
      			</if>
      			<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread">$vbphrase[mark_forums_read]</a></td>
      				<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="#" onclick="window.open('misc.php?$session[sessionurl]do=buddylist&amp;focus=1','buddylist','statusbar=no,menubar=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=250,height=300'); return false;">$vbphrase[open_buddy_list]</a></td>			
      			</if>			
      		</if>
      			<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="login.php?$session[sessionurl]do=logout" onclick="return log_out()">$vbphrase[log_out]</a></td>
      		</if>
      	</tr>
      	</table>
      </div>
      <!-- / nav buttons bar -->

Comment

• envy-uk
        • Mar 2004
        • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Perfect, thank you.

Comment

• kanezfan
          • Oct 2003

I was directed to this thread by floris, I'd like to add two links, one to home, which would point to my home page, and one to my forums root. Also I'd like to remove some of the links up there, like I don't use FAQs and the Calendar.

Comment

• Neocorteqz
            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by kanezfan
            I was directed to this thread by floris, I'd like to add two links, one to home, which would point to my home page, and one to my forums root. Also I'd like to remove some of the links up there, like I don't use FAQs and the Calendar.
            here's what My link to the Home page/ Forums looks like using conditionals.

Basically when you are in the forum it will say in the navbar "Portal" and when you are in the portal, it will say "Forums"

HTML Code:
             		   <!-- Begin navbar link to forums home -->
              <if condition="THIS_SCRIPT == 'vbindex'"><td class="vbmenu_control"><a
              href="../forums.php">Forums</a></td>
              </if>
             <if condition="THIS_SCRIPT != 'vbindex'"><td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="../index.php">Portal</a></td>
              </if>
             	<!-- <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="../forums.php" onMouseOver="window.status='http://www.nemesisforums.net/forums.php'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status=' '">Forums</a></td>-->
              		  <!-- End Navbar Link to Forum home-->
            as for removing the calendar and faq links. remove( or comment out) these two lines.

HTML Code:
             <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="$vboptions[bburl]/faq.php?$session[sessionurl]">$vbphrase[faq]</a></td>
            and

HTML Code:
             <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="$vboptions[bburl]/calendar.php?$session[sessionurl]">$vbphrase[calendar]</a></td>

Comment

• Nathan_R
              • Dec 2003

Thanks for the heads-up. This thread helped me out.

Comment

• attroll
                • Jan 2003
                • 4.2.X

I like what you have done Neocorteqz. But could this be done with another portal like vBadvance? I am sure it can but not sure on what to change?

Comment

• Neocorteqz
                  • Aug 2002

Originally posted by attroll
                  I like what you have done Neocorteqz. But could this be done with another portal like vBadvance? I am sure it can but not sure on what to change?
                  Not my code to start. and without reference to vBadvanced i'm not sure how much help i can be.

The code will be the same if you have done the following.

You have renamed your adv_index.php to index.php
                  and
                  you have renamed index.php (The Forums one, not the vBadvanced one) to forums.php

if you have done this then, the code would be.

HTML Code:
                   <if condition="THIS_SCRIPT == 'adv_index'"><td class="vbmenu_control"><a
                     href="../forums.php">Forums</a></td>
                     </if>
                    <if condition="THIS_SCRIPT != 'adv_index'"><td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="../index.php">Portal</a></td>
                     </if>
                  The script is defined on line 11 of adv_index.php. which is 'adv_index' .

If you have named each file differently then change ../index.php and ../forums.php to what you have named each file.

that should do it. again, if there are any errors, this is only because i have no prior experience with vBadvanced. So check back and lemme know if it worked or not.

And don't forget to back up first.

Comment

• kanezfan
                    • Oct 2003

It's funny, I browse this site, vbadvanced, and vbportal's, so I'll forget which one I'm on sometimes. Like just now, I'm doing what you said to do and I'm like "why does it say 'vbindex' and he posted this on vbadvanced.com??? lol stupid me. Thanks for the code though neo, it worked perfectly

Comment

• Neocorteqz
                      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by kanezfan
                      It's funny, I browse this site, vbadvanced, and vbportal's, so I'll forget which one I'm on sometimes. Like just now, I'm doing what you said to do and I'm like "why does it say 'vbindex' and he posted this on vbadvanced.com??? lol stupid me. Thanks for the code though neo, it worked perfectly
                      glad it worked.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...