X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nsusa
    • Jul 2003
    • 3.6.x

Paid subscriptions

What exactly are the paid subscriptions? Can I make a forum (or category) subscription based?

Christoph
    Web Hosting Rebates
    The Web Hosting Resource Kit - Free hosting related articles and tutorials
  • AWS
    • Apr 2000
    • 5.2.x

Yes. Create a custom user group and give that group permission to access the private subscriber forum or category. Then create the subscription, set it so subscribers are moved into that group after they pay.
    Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

• Mirical Bernd
      • Mar 2002
      • 3.6.x

Instead of moving them you can also choose to add them to the new group as a secondary group

Comment

• nsusa
        • Jul 2003
        • 3.6.x

Thanks for your help. I got it to work. Excellent.

Christoph
        Web Hosting Rebates

Comment

• nsusa
          • Jul 2003
          • 3.6.x

One additional question: After the subscription period is over - will the access to the forum stop or will the vBulletin software charge the client again?

Christoph
          Web Hosting Rebates

Comment

• The Realist
            • Jul 2001
            • 4.0.x

How does a member know that there is a paid section and is there a link or payment link so members can see the sections that are subscription based?

Originally posted by AWS
            Yes. Create a custom user group and give that group permission to access the private subscriber forum or category. Then create the subscription, set it so subscribers are moved into that group after they pay.

Comment

• Loyalty4Life
              • Oct 2003
              • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

I really recommend taking a look at this post. It will surely help you out:

I've done some searching on the forums here to get a better idea of exactly what the purpose of a paid subscription is and how exactly to get it working. I have found the answer to the first question, but how to set it up is still a mystery to me. Is there some sort of documentation somewhere on Paid Subscriptions

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...