X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RGSerge
    • Feb 2003
    • 3.0.0 Beta 4

Internal Server Error in Style Manager

I am getting an Internal Server error every time I try to submit style changes. I am using vbulletin 3.0.0 gold.

Any ideas as to why.

Originally posted by The Error
    Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, ******* and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Could you please provide some server details? Operating system + version / apache / mysql and php version and how php runs? As cgi or module or .. does your server have xml support? .. things like that. You could provide a phpinfo page so staff could have a look at it.

In the old days when I had my linux box running .cgi scripts it meant there was a permission error on the .cgi file. And it couldn't execute it. But since vbulletin is written in PHP, I wouldn't know.

Comment

• RGSerge
      • Feb 2003
      • 3.0.0 Beta 4

OK,

Server OS: Linux running Apache 2.0
      PHP Version: 4.3.5 RC3
      MySQL Version: 4.0.18
      PHP is running as a module (plus all other PHP works, just some problems in the admincp)
      XML is supported

Other info:
      The server is not in debug mode
      Thread Safety is enabled

I am PM'ing you with PHP Info URL (and UID and pass)

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

PHP Version: 4.3.5 RC3 might have somthing to do with it.
        Whats thread safety?

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

I just went to your admin control panel and logged in and went to the style manager and opened up the style group 'forum home template set' and edited the forumhome template.

I added the '<!-- test by floris -->' and clicked on save & reload.
          It worked perfectly like it should and reloaded including the change I made.

I removed it and pressed on save and it saved it properly and loaded it up and the changes made were there.

I reverted the template to original (since it was unchanged before I edited it) and it reverted perfectly.

I can't reproduce this error.
          Does this happen once in a while or 'every' time you make a change?
          I used Windows XP Professional with Internet explorer 6.

Comment

• RGSerge
            • Feb 2003
            • 3.0.0 Beta 4

Yes, everything works fine, its just one part of edit styles.

If you go to Style Manager, have All Style Options selected and click Go (so that you have your common templates and then your global colours etc. Then click the Save button at the bottom you will get an Internal server Error every time.

Zachary: I dont know what Thread Safety means, sorry

I have a class now so I cant reply for a few hours, so no hurry.

Comment

• Floris
              • Dec 2001

Having just installed vB3 I tried to add a new forum and it returned an 'Internal Server Error', now when ever I go to click 'Forum Manager' I get this: I've given up, too many errors with vB3 and will clean my db and revert to vB2 until it's more mature. The level of stress I've had doing this upgrade has been simply too

You might want to follow this thread.

Comment

• RGSerge
                • Feb 2003
                • 3.0.0 Beta 4

This can be closed now I guess. I checked the above thread and contacted my webhost. PHP isnt being ran as a CGI so that wasnt the problem.

I dont really understand the server side of things, so I wont pretend that I do, but
                the problem was, for some reason the server was seeing css.php as a possible security threat and blocking the script.

The script has been unblocked and it all functions properly now.

Thanks for all the help, its appreciated

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...