Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jon12345
    • Oct 2001

Putting Google Adsense onto forum

I would like to generate some revenue from Google Adsense by placing some of their banners on my forum.

Where is the best place to put them and how do I get them there?

Regards,

Jon
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

You can open the header template and replace the part that is commented out for banners. (including the &nbsp

Comment

• Jon12345
      • Oct 2001

Originally posted by Floris
      You can open the header template and replace the part that is commented out for banners. (including the &nbsp
      Thanks!

Comment

• tipjar
        • Apr 2004

newbie question

I'm a total newbie to vBulletin. When you say open the header template, is that a file? Can you tell me the name of the file?

Thanks.

I should mention I'm using vBulletin 2.2.9
        Last edited by tipjar; Sat 3 Apr '04, 2:24pm. Reason: I left out vital info

Comment

• attroll
          • Jan 2003
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by tipjar
          I'm a total newbie to vBulletin. When you say open the header template, is that a file? Can you tell me the name of the file?

Thanks.

I should mention I'm using vBulletin 2.2.9
          You have to log into your ADMINCP and go to Styles & Templates>Style Manager and pick the style you are using. Then pick Edit Templates under that style. Then you need to find HEADER in the list and open it. Then make your changes. But be warned if you don't know at least a little bit of basic HTML you should not mess with these.

Comment

• tipjar
            • Apr 2004

Google Ads in vBulletin

Awesome. I'm okay with HTML. I really appreciate your help.

However, I don't have a Styles & Templates or Styles Manager. Could it be you're talking about v3?
            Last edited by tipjar; Sat 3 Apr '04, 3:56pm. Reason: more info to add

Comment

• I, Brian
              • Feb 2003
              • 3.6.x

Well, you have posted in the vB3 section...

A moderator should be around soon to move it to somewhere for answering.

Comment

• PocketGoddess
                • Apr 2004
                • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4

Halfway there. . .

I have basically the same question, and have found the style manager. I want to add a SkyScraper to either the left or right side of each page. I have the JavaScript necessary from Google, I just need to know *where* in the Header file to put it.

Is there supposed to be a certain spot, or does it matter? I don't find any code that has been commented out, no mention of banners or ads or anything.

I sincerely appreciate any help you can provide.

Comment

• WeddingFotos
                  • Feb 2004
                  • 3.0.0 'Gold'

In the same boat...

I've been working with my vBulletin since the weekend so I am an absolute newbie with the code and such. I was just approved for AdSense. Can anyone help with the code? I have the code from AdSense and I want to place it just below my logo in the header. I am aware of how to do this, but I am not sure how to exclude the ads from showing up on the registration page, thank you pages or error pages.

Any sort of code help here would be massively appreciated. Thanks so much.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...