Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I hide Private Forums for those w/o permissions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I hide Private Forums for those w/o permissions?

I have some private forums for subscribed users. I don't want them to be even seen by non-subscribed users. Right now they just show up as "private forums".

Thanks,
    rob

You need to edit the forum permissions.

AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Forum Permissions >
    Set the correct values for each usergroup.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
      You need to edit the forum permissions.

AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Forum Permissions >
      Set the correct values for each usergroup.
      I did this before. I did a "deny all", then I just added back the permissions for admins, moderators, and the subscribed user group. However, the unsubsribed usergroup can still see the forums and actually the subscribed user group still had it show as private forum, even though I gave them forum permissions.

Do you think it's related to the non-subscribed usergroup being the primary group and the subsribed groups only being additional?

Or do you think it's related to the subscription forum permissions being set to default for everything?

Thanks,
      rob

Comment

Is it also set as a private forum in the forum manager?

Comment

Originally posted by RobFerrari
          I have some private forums for subscribed users. I don't want them to be even seen by non-subscribed users. Right now they just show up as "private forums".

Thanks,
          rob
          Do you have access masks turned on?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin CX
            Do you have access masks turned on?
            No, they are off. Do they need to be on?

Zachery, I don't see anywhere to set a forum as private within Forums & Moderators.

Thanks.

Comment

First, is this option set to 'Yes'?:
              AdminCP > vBulletin Options > Forum Listings Display Options > Hide Private Forums Yes/No
              Select 'Yes' here will hide private forums from users who are not allowed to access them. Users who do have permission to access them will have to log in before they can see these forums too.
              This option applies to the any forum listing, including the Forum Jump menu, and Search Results.

Second, are you setting your Forum Permissions via the Quick Forum Permission Setup (AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Forum Permissions > Additional Functions > Quick Forum Permission Setup)? If you use this tool you can set up multiple Usergroups with the same Permissions at the same time for any given Forum.
              The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
              Articles - Forum Review
              Interviews:
              Kier Scott Jerry Andreas Steve Wayne Jake Floris Logician Erwin
              Paul M

Comment

Originally posted by RobFerrari
                No, they are off. Do they need to be on?
                Yes: "This option also affects whether or not users will be able to see forums they do not have access to on forumhome and forumdisplay. (If this is off, they will see them in forum listings but not be able to enter them. If this is on, they will not see them at all.)"

You need to go into your vBulletin overall settings and check two things: Forum Listings Display Options > Hide Private Forums should be turned on, and General Settings > Enable Access Masks should be turned on.

Comment

Working...
                X