Bizarre counter problem..numbers get ridiculously huge!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scott MacVicar
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Dec 2000

Its a PHP Script for managing mysql.

Download unzip and edit config.inc.php to match your mysql username and password.
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• John E. Lester
      • Mar 2004

Wooo! I got phpadmin installed and running!

I'll Private Message you the URL....

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Dec 2000

The database appears to be fine and it wasn't what i initially thought. This could be indicating a problem with sprintf, there isn't actually those large numbers of rows just the actual number getting transformed.

I wont be able to get access to my iBook till tomorrow so I'll give it a try and see if its a PHP problem or a Mac OS problem.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• John E. Lester
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
          The database appears to be fine and it wasn't what i initially thought. This could be indicating a problem with sprintf, there isn't actually those large numbers of rows just the actual number getting transformed.

I wont be able to get access to my iBook till tomorrow so I'll give it a try and see if its a PHP problem or a Mac OS problem.
          Thanks so much, Scott. I'm happy it's not a corrupted database. Thanks for working with me on this bug.

Comment

• John E. Lester
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar

I found this via Google...is this the bug?

I have no idea what they're talking about on that post...just a shot in the dark.

Comment

• John E. Lester
              • Mar 2004

Any news on this bug?

My users would really like to be able to use private messages on my system.

And when my 2,500 registered users really want something, I hear about it. Constantly.

Comment

• John E. Lester
                • Mar 2004

Joy! An update to Mac OS X Server just came out today (10.3.3). I installed it, and now the counter problem has mysteriously disappeared.

Something in the update fixed things. Maybe because MySQL was updated to 4.0.18 ??

Anyway, I'm one happy camper.

Comment

• luroca
                  • Jul 2002

I am having the same problem, suddenly auto_increment goes mad and userid, postid and so became huge and board crash: invalid user, invalid forum, invalid link and so
                  I have repair manually the erroneus entries in the database but is very annoying and I donĀ“t know what is wrong
                  The problem has been with RC4, 3.0.0 and 3.01 in two different boards in the same server:

Dual xeon 2,4 with 2048 MB ram
                  Redhat Enterprise 3.0 - Taroon
                  Apache 2.0.46
                  Mysql 4.0.18
                  PHP 4.3.6

Is there any solution for this problem?
                  Regards
                  Last edited by luroca; Thu 6 May '04, 12:47pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...