Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SloppyGoat
    • Feb 2002

Unknown Location?

I've been having a few guests browsing unknown locations lately. What does this mean? They don't appear to be spiders. Should I be worried?
    Attached Files
    The Grey Area - Tweaking Obsession
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

If they are search index spiders, and they try to load the pages with the session has in it, then the Whois online doesn't know that long filename (sees the session hash as part of the filename).

Normal guests will be able to process the session hash, this is why index bots have problems indexing version 2 threads from vbulletin sometimes. This is optimized in version 3 of vbulletin!

Comment

• SloppyGoat
      • Feb 2002

Yeah, I'll make the big upgrade when it goes gold, and I get Apache installed, running, and secure to my satisfaction. Someone ought to type up a vBulletin Apache security guide. So, these are probably nothing to worry about, I suppose? A few of them were Comcast, so they could be bots, perhaps.

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

with or without session hash, no.. no need to worry. I doubt it.

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • May 2000
          • 1.1.x

Your picture is very odd since it has t= for threadids and vB2 does not have native support for t=, only vB3 does. That is why Who's Online doesn't know what those links are.

Comment

• SloppyGoat
            • Feb 2002

I'll bet google spidered some of my RC4 test board. That explains it. My 2.X server went down for awhile, so I used the test board temporarily. Google had been lurking a bit. Mystery solved.

Comment

• Floris
              • Dec 2001

That might explain it yes.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...