Lots of 2.3.4 problems :( No user confirmation!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Russ_T
    • Jun 2003

Lots of 2.3.4 problems :( No user confirmation!

Hi,

I have 2.3.4 installed and I've had problems with 2.3.0 previously and no doubt other previous versions.

My biggest problem and the one I need to fix first is that when a user registers he/she doesn't receive any confirmation e-mail.

I know I can turn this off but that's not solving it so I'm gonna struggle it out.

I can go an force a password e-mail to a user and I have ran the email.php which also confirms it's not a server problem.

This seems related to the fact that thread reply subscriptions and private message notifications also don't work.

Can someone help me debug this please, I'm at the end of my tether.

Thanks for your time,

Russ
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Russ_T

I can go an force a password e-mail to a user and I have ran the email.php which also confirms it's not a server problem.

Do you mean mailtest.php? Upload mailtest.php to your forum directory and send yourself a test email to see if your PHP mail settings are configured correctly. If you don't receive the test email then you should contact your host about fixing PHP's mail settings.

If you receive the test email but confirmation emails still aren't working then try uploading the original PHP files in ASCii mode.

If it still doesn't work then submit a support ticket with your server / forum info so we can take a look - http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...