X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seraphis-XII
    • Feb 2004
    • 3.0.0 Gamma

New skin

I have download several new skins/templates for vbulletin 2, how I get these to work on the site, in what manner do I upload them (ftp? or admin cpanel). I read the manuel it did not help much.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Admin CP -> Styles -> Upload/Download
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Seraphis-XII
      • Feb 2004
      • 3.0.0 Gamma

I have tried this, the site however bearly changes when I upload the new skins, I am using 2.3.4 with 2.2.x skins, could this be the problem?

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Hit ignore version when installing them, however old skins may cause problems with newer versions.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
          • Dec 2000
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Seraphis-XII
          I have tried this, the site however bearly changes when I upload the new skins, I am using 2.3.4 with 2.2.x skins, could this be the problem?
          Yes, that can be a problem if the customized templates in the style have changed since the 2.2.x.

The style should have instructions with it. A style consists of two things, a .style file and images (if any). The .style file is uploaded in your Admin CP. The images are uploaded via FTP to your forum images directory. If the style's {imagesfolder} replacement variable is customized to point to a different directory then you will need to create the appropriate directory and upload the style's images to it.

After uploading the style you need to select it to view it. You need to make sure the new style is selectable in your Admin CP -> Styles -> Modify -> [properties] and that users are allowed to change styles in your Admin CP -> Options -> vBulletin Options -> [User and registration options] -> Allow Users To Change Styles. Then go to your User CP -> Edit Options -> Style Set to select the new style.

Comment

• Seraphis-XII
            • Feb 2004
            • 3.0.0 Gamma

Ok got some working but they seem to have many small problem sinces they are not from the correct release, If I was to download and upgrade to vb 3.0 rc 3 (or 4 whatever one it is in the members area) would I have better luck finding working themes?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
              • Dec 2000
              • 3.6.x

It's going to be the same situation where you need to find styles made for your version.

Comment

• Seraphis-XII
                • Feb 2004
                • 3.0.0 Gamma

Ok one more quick question now that I have RC4 up, Can I display user info on the sides instead of the top?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                  • Dec 2000
                  • 3.6.x

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Style & Language Settings -> Use Legacy (Vertical) Postbit Template -> Yes

Comment

• Floris
                    • Dec 2001

Uhm, styles for vbulletin version 2 won't work on version 3.

After installing your style on vb2 you goto the user control panel and from your profile/options page you can select the new style and it will then load. The same goes for version 3.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...