Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gwdguy
    • Nov 2001

New users E-Mail validation not making it

I know this has been asked a thousand times but I looked through the other threads and none of them pertained to what is happening to us.

Okay... when a new user fills out the new user form and submits it, the email goes out to the user BUT there is not a return email address so the receiving email server is bouncing it as spam (I guess).

So what is in the email (from) spot you ask? Good question and thanks for asking.. It shows the Title of our forum yes.. the Title not an email address at all.. weird... I looked through the ACP and I do not see any place that it it showing up in there so I must have something really screwy else where..

Any thoughts? Again in the From address it is just a long string of words and no email address... See below sample

<[email protected]>:
    193.113.154.2 failed after I sent the message.
    Remote host said: 554 Syntactically invalid address for from field '"Talk FrontPage - FrontPage Users Helping Other FrontPage Users Mailer" <http: //www.talkfrontpage.com/[email protected]>'

So in the return email address spot it actually says "Talk FrontPage - FrontPage Users Helping Other FrontPage Users Mailer"

Hows that for strange?

Thanks

Robert

PS Steve I am counting on you solving this for us
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Do you have a webmaster's email address set up in the Admin CP? If so, then there should be a From address. If you need futrther help, please provide the full headers on any rejected email.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• gwdguy
      • Nov 2001

stupid stupid stupid... <bangs head on wall>

How did I miss that??? I think that might solve it..

In the "Name" page of the email it still says the title but if I click reply now it actually has a real email address..

Sorry for such a dumb question.

Thanks

Robert

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...