X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enginethatcan't
    • Jan 2004

Major Problem

Ok where to start...

I have the default skin that vbulletin comes with, I tried installign two diffrent skins. Both skins images would not show up, and I know I've done it right since I have done it before.

I have two styles, neither of these styles are the style that I am veiwing now. I made a new forum called "food and recipes" and when I click on it, it goes to the skin that does not look right.

What's going on??

Thanks to anyone who can help

info:
    my site:

musclemorpheus.com/forum
    vb version: 2.2.4
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Where did you get those 'skins' from?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• enginethatcan't
      • Jan 2004

vbskinz.com

The guy even emailed me and told me he was having problems installing them too

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Sorry but we can't provide support for third-party skins. The author will need to fix this problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• enginethatcan't
          • Jan 2004

I'm using the skin that came with vbulletin right now though

Comment

• enginethatcan't
            • Jan 2004

ok there actually aren't any styles, nor any templates...what's going on?

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

I'm confused. You originally said you were trying to import a third-party skin. What exactly is going on now?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• enginethatcan't
                • Jan 2004

Nothing now.

I looked in the admin cp after logging out than in this is a discription of what I see

Styles: nothing
                Templates: nothing

yet, I still see the forums, which I don't understand

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

That's very strange. Something you did removed the default style. Try this. Upload the original vbulletin.style file to your admin directory, then 'upload' this via the 'Upload' option in ther style manager.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• enginethatcan't
                    • Jan 2004

nope, just gives the user two choices of a style, even if I set it to default, does not change a thing

Comment

• enginethatcan't
                      • Jan 2004

ok...

It did not give me a choice of making it the default skin. but it does work. The thing is people need to choose the skin manually, I cannot make it the default

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

To make a specific style show up as the default, simply modify the Default Style properties (the one with no 'Remove' link) and point them to the Replacement and Template sets of the style you want to appear as the default.

Admin CP -> Styles -> Modify -> Default [properties]

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• enginethatcan't
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                          To make a specific style show up as the default, simply modify the Default Style properties (the one with no 'Remove' link) and point them to the Replacement and Template sets of the style you want to appear as the default.

Admin CP -> Styles -> Modify -> Default [properties]
                          there is no default skin though!

There is one style which I named default. It never gave me the option of making it the default skin. So now I have one style showing up..the one I made called "default"

members can choose between skins "use forum default" or "Default" ---"default" is the one in my styles, when I edit the one in my style it will work and stuff liek that....but the default skin for everyone is the "use forum default" (the one that isn't showing up under styles)

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            • Jul 2000

Honestly it's difficult to understand what's happening from your descriptions. If you have not installed any hacks, fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• stifler's mom
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2010

Dont even get me started with styles
                              I had to run mysite/install/update version number again to fix mine

Any way thats what I did to fix my style, I had no images and a messed up default style (for no apparent reason)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...