custom profile field column in members list?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • digitalSite
    • Jan 2004
    • 4.2.X

custom profile field column in members list?

Hello:

Is there any way to adjust the members list so that it shows certain custom profile fields in the columns? Or would this be considered a hack? I searched the forums for this question, but can't seem to see it for vb3. I want it to show on the default page (like when you click on the "memberslist" link in the navbar). If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! Thanks.
    Last edited by digitalSite; Fri 30 Jan '04, 2:31pm. Reason: just realized I posted in vb2, instead of vb3...can someone move this please? Sorry!
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Instead of $post[fieldx] (where x is the number of the custom profile field) use $userinfo[fieldx].

I hope this is what you are looking for, if you have any further questions, feel free to ask

Comment

• digitalSite
      • Jan 2004
      • 4.2.X

HI! Thanks for replying so quickly...
      What template do I change that in? I have opened all the Member List templates but I can't seem to figure out what to mess with. I also opened memberslist.php just to see, but still don't know where to change things. Let me clarify in case of confusion.

When I click on Members List in the navbar, it takes me to the members list page. On this page, I see the username, date they signed up, and how many posts. I want to add another column here with one of the custom profile fields.
      Hope that clarifies

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Hi again,

No problem, I am glad I can help

You probably need the memberlist_resultsbit template. You can find this in the Admin Control Panel > Style Manager > Expand Templates button (far right) > Member List Templates > memberlist_resultsbit (then customize)

Please the $userinfo[fieldx] text anywhere where you want to display it.

I.e. - if you want to list it below the username, you find this code:

HTML Code:
        <a href="member.php?$session[sessionurl]u=$userinfo[userid]">$userinfo[musername]</a>
        and replace it with this code: (don't forget to replace the x with the custom profile field)

HTML Code:
        <a href="member.php?$session[sessionurl]u=$userinfo[userid]">$userinfo[musername]</a>
        <if condition="$userinfo['field[color=navy]x[/color]']"><div class="smallfont">$userinfo[field[color=navy]x[/color]]</div></if>

I hope this is what you were looking for and I hope it is understandable.

If you have more questions, just ask

Comment

• digitalSite
          • Jan 2004
          • 4.2.X

Thanks. Is it possible to create a new column instead of adding the field under each username?

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • May 2000
            • 1.1.x

We support the adding of profile fields to the memberlist without any modification. Edit the profile field in question and choose yes to "Show on memberlist". Then go to the vB settings->Memberlist and make sure the "Custom Profile Fields" option is checked for display.

Comment

• digitalSite
              • Jan 2004
              • 4.2.X

Thanks all!

I had the first part right (Admincp > User Profiles Field > User Profile Fields Manager > select field and edit > show on member list > yes), but had not done the second part (Admincp > vb Settings > User Listing & Profile Viewing > tick checkboxes I want)

Very helpful community and the best forum board ever! Thanks!

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

You can tweak what you want with conditionals.

Good luck!

Those templates and the memberlist template show quite good how to make additional columns.

I am glad we could try and get things started.

Comment

• bubblehead
                  • Jan 2004

Great thread, I was looking for a hack to do this. I'm amazed, the further I dig into the software, at how much can be done.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...