Is there an easy tool for remote user-creation and login?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • webulater
    • Feb 2003

Is there an easy tool for remote user-creation and login?

I'm sure this issue has been addressed, but I've been unable to find it...

It seems like a fairly easy thing to create, so before I think about it, I wanted to check here first.

I have a website with a full membership database completely separate from vbulletin...

I would love to have a tool that allows me to fill an array with an approprate variables like username, password, default prefs etc, and have it automatically create a new Vbulletin user...

also a way to log a user in and out of the forums at the same time that I log them into and out of the main website.

I've hacked this before, but with the vbulletin upgrades, I don't really want to have to rework this on a live site.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Since this involves custom code I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org ,the official vB hacking site.

Comment

• webulater
      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Jakeman
      Since this involves custom code I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org ,the official vB hacking site.
      Jakeman,

actually, I was hoping that this was already built in and not custom... I guess that's what I was asking.... is there a script within vbulletin that does remote user-creationg? or is it necessary to use custom code?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

vBulletin's registration script is designed to work within vBulletin. Registering with vBulletin externally would be its own script.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...