Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hobartimus
    • Sep 2003

AOL Typing Problem

This may have been covered in another post. But, since the search function will not accept AOL (too few characters) I could not find any info on this board.

I run a vB 2.3 site at http://www/catchlight.com/sparkle.html and have had reports from AOL users that when they compose a message, it takes several seconds for the text to catch up with th cursor. Meaning, the cursor moves as they type, but the text lags behind.

Is this a known issue I can do something about? Or is it a freak of AOL nature?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Honestly I haven't heard of this before but it wouldn't surprise me, especially if they are using the AOL browser. I would recommend that they use a different browser.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• hobartimus
      • Sep 2003

Actually, they say they are using AOL service with IE browser. My first instinct is to suggest ditching AOL--which tends to solve a lot of things. But, I wanted to be sure there was no known issue before I said something like that.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

I have hundreds of AOL members who do not have this problem. The only problems I've seen are directly related to the AOL browsers.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...