X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dlg
    • Oct 2002

EMail trouble

Hi everyone,

Aparently there's something wrong with the forum email functions. I just test the php mail function with testmail.php and i receive that email, but the lost password email fucntion its not working, any advice on how to fix that?

Thanks in advance,

dlg
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Assuming you did not install any hacks...

You will need to view the mail logs on the server to see what happened to those emails. Once vB sends it to PHP it's in the hands of the server. If you are on a shared server you may need to ask your host to look through the logs for you.

For what it's worth I get a lot of bounced emails from people who's mail boxes are full, 'unavailable' or over quota. This is a particular problem with hotmail and yahoo accounts. Unless you are on a dedicated server and can set where these bounce messages go, you will never see them. The mail logs will have a record of these though.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• dlg
      • Oct 2002

Thanks Steve for your quick answer,

Well, i'm on a dedicated server and i don´t have any hacks installed on my forums. However i think some features are working and some others not.

Example, when a user ask to receive email notifications when someone aswer their post, the system works and the lost password function its not working... i'll take a look at my email logs right now to see if i found something there.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Are they receiving the lost password email?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• dlg
          • Oct 2002

No

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Then you'll need to look at the mail logs to see what happened.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• dlg
              • Oct 2002

Thank you Steve, I had a problem with some dns, i fix it and now everything its working normally. Again thanks.
              Last edited by dlg; Fri 24 Oct '03, 4:21pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...