Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joeydood
    • Sep 2003

keep getting logged off control panel

ok, i searched for this, no luck after a few attempts....

this is a simple issue but i'm VERY NEW to vbulletin...

my site is exposed to my old members now (we went from phpbb [crap] to vbulletin [awesome]) and they constantly make requests for changes or i see things that are necessary to be changed...

so i've got two browser windows opened: 1, logged into the site as administrator and 2, acp as administrator. my user cp is set to browse with cookies.

but in the acp, i keep getting prompted for my username and password.

this is just a minor inconvenience and i'm sure it's some setting buried deep in the acp.

currently, cookie expiration is 900, the default. i don't think its expiring as i'm still logged on the board when i get kicked out of cp.
    Last edited by joeydood; Thu 18 Sep '03, 7:41am.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

What are your cookie domain and path set to?

Admin CP -> Options -> vBulletin Options -> [HTTP Headers and output]

Comment

• joeydood
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Jakeman
      What are your cookie domain and path set to?

Admin CP -> Options -> vBulletin Options -> [HTTP Headers and output]
      domain: blank
      path: /

it appears to be working fine now, although i haven't made any adjustments.

thanks man!

Comment

• joeydood
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by joeydood
        domain: blank
        path: /

it appears to be working fine now, although i haven't made any adjustments.

thanks man!
        damn, it's doing it again!!!

i don't get it...

i write software for a living so someone please take off the gloves and beat my brain up with some technical stuff here...

p.s. my buddy that runs sportsnimports.com says he NEVER had that problem. he's on vB 2.2.6...

currently i'm running:
        vbulletin version 2.3.2
        os on my computers: win xp pro

Comment

• Jake Bunce
          • Dec 2000
          • 3.6.x

It might be a problem on your computer. Cookies don't always play nice.

If you PM me with a URL and login for your Admin CP, I can try to duplicate the problem.

Comment

• joeydood
            • Sep 2003

It might be a problem on your computer. Cookies don't always play nice.

If you PM me with a URL and login for your Admin CP, I can try to duplicate the problem.
            i have only one problem with you doing this...

1. i'm new and so how do i know you're REALLY on the vb team?

sorry to have to ask that, but well i hope you understand that i'm new here. i'm sure the board has the username censor set for vb or team, etc.

anyway, i REALLY apprecaite your personal attention here though. maybe shoot me an email if you like and we can discuss it further or however you wish to handle this. [email protected]

i am most grateful for your time.

Comment

• Cense
              • Apr 2003

sorry to have to ask that, but well i hope you understand that i'm new here. i'm sure the board has the username censor set for vb or team, etc.

anyway, i REALLY apprecaite your personal attention here though. maybe shoot me an email if you like and we can discuss it further or however you wish to handle this. [email protected]

Says vBulletin Team as custom title and the username is blueish.

Comment

• DarkDelight.net
                • Jul 2003

It's good your are cautions about giving out your details.

Jakeman is definitely a vB team member.

He is in showgroups
                His title is vBulletin Team
                His username has team member markup.
                Sig? What sig?

Comment

• joeydood
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by DarkDelight.net
                  It's good your are cautions about giving out your details.

Jakeman is definitely a vB team member.

He is in showgroups
                  His title is vBulletin Team
                  His username has team member markup.
                  ah, yes, the moderator list, how silly of me.

and now i feel badly because i did the 'contact us' to check up. my humblest apologies, Jakeman, i am very cautious...

i will create an account for you on my site and pm you with the details.

THANKS A BUNCH!

THAT'S WHAT I CALL FRIGGIN TOP-NOTCH SUPPORT MAN!

Comment

• joeydood
                    • Sep 2003

ah, yes, the moderator list, how silly of me.

and now i feel badly because i did the 'contact us' to check up. my humblest apologies, Jakeman, i am very cautious...

i will create an account for you on my site and pm you with the details.

THANKS A BUNCH!

THAT'S WHAT I CALL FRIGGIN TOP-NOTCH SUPPORT MAN!
                    man until jakeman gets back with some info on this i will say that it is super aggrivating!

seems to really not like it when i do a user | find then edit access mask and save.

whew i think i've logged in 50 times doin forum permissions!

anyway, jake thanks for lookin into this man!

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                      • Dec 2000
                      • 3.6.x

Sorry about the delayed reply.

I had your Admin CP loaded for about an hour while I was doing other support. I didn't have any problems with being logged out.

Comment

• joeydood
                        • Sep 2003

Sorry about the delayed reply.

I had your Admin CP loaded for about an hour while I was doing other support. I didn't have any problems with being logged out.
                        thanks for givin it a shot man! i DID learn one thing though... and this just might be the problem...

you can't always right click the window and select 'back' and expect to remain logged in.

it just might be the way i'm using it man. but THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME!

Comment

• joeydood
                          • Sep 2003

thanks for givin it a shot man! i DID learn one thing though... and this just might be the problem...

you can't always right click the window and select 'back' and expect to remain logged in.

it just might be the way i'm using it man. but THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME!
                          okokok, for sure, without a doubt, i cleared my cookies and files in the internet explorer settings.

logged into acp, clicked on add smiles and clicked one to upload and submit then i was prompted for my admin username and password.

works like that every time! the first step in fixing a problem is being able to reproduce it consistently.

i don't believe i had any any other windows opened at the time. i'll test this further...

Comment

• UHN_ED
                            • Jan 2003

Make sure you do not have another window open to the forums while you are in the ACP. Close your browser before entering to clear a session you may have had with another site.

Make sure you are accepting cookies from your browser, and that there is no firewall or something that is blocking them.

Comment

• joeydood
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by UHN_ED
                              Make sure you do not have another window open to the forums while you are in the ACP. Close your browser before entering to clear a session you may have had with another site.

Make sure you are accepting cookies from your browser, and that there is no firewall or something that is blocking them.
                              i'd be willing to agree with your line of thinking here but it appears that i can consistently reproduce this with the smilies options. when i hit 'modify' and then click the '>' for the next page i'm consistantly prompted for my admin username and password.

however, during the same session, i can click 'find user', options, etc...

doesn't make any sense that if it were in fact my cookies or the settings of my firewall that the other options would work without prompting me for my credentials but smiles do.

again, smilies are the only place where i could consistently reproduce this behavior. elsewhere it has been inconsistent but nonetheless a pain in the arse.

grrrrrrr!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...