Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Silentscorn
    • May 2003

pop up for PM

For some reason, this function is no longer working for users on my board......
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

No users at all? Did you make any changes, i.e., install of change your styles, install a hack, etcd?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Silentscorn
      • May 2003

I installed a member photo hack, but I just replaced everything with the original files and the pop up thing still is not working....

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

The other thing to check would be to use the original templates and see if you still have this problem.

If so and you do not have any hacks installed, fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first prior to submiting the ticket.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Silentscorn
          • May 2003

Is there anything you can recommend me looking at in my templates, or php files that should be intact that maybe are not any longer? The reason I ask is because we dont have or use phpmyadmin on our win server, nor do we use FTP, so it would be difficult to get that stuff to you.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

All I can suggest is to reupload all the original files and try this with the original templates. The PM popup definitely works with an unhached and unmodified vB. Something changed on yours to break this function and it's best to start with the defaults.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Silentscorn
              • May 2003

I uploaded the original php files that were edited, and also tried to use the default template sets and it still was not working

Comment

• noppid
                • May 2003

We have this problem as well. IE throws an error on this line when a user has a new pm.

Code:
                <body onload="java script:confirm_newpm()" bgcolor="#339999" text="#000000" id="all" leftmargin="10" topmargin="10" marginwidth="10" marginheight="10" link="#000020" vlink="#000020" alink="#000020">
                In the forum home template there is a body tag, <body>, but a search of the templates shows no body tag with an onload= statement.

My question is how is that body tag created?

This error occurs at vbulletin.org as well. Is it the client or the code?
                Computer Help Forum
                An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Comment

• noppid
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by noppid
                  We have this problem as well. IE throws an error on this line when a user has a new pm.

Code:
                  <body onload="java script:confirm_newpm()" bgcolor="#339999" text="#000000" id="all" leftmargin="10" topmargin="10" marginwidth="10" marginheight="10" link="#000020" vlink="#000020" alink="#000020">
                  In the forum home template there is a body tag, <body>, but a search of the templates shows no body tag with an onload= statement.

My question is how is that body tag created?

This error occurs at vbulletin.org as well. Is it the client or the code?
                  I can't figure out how that line is created. In the forumhome template the tag is just <body>.

Can someone atleast explain how it's created?
                  Computer Help Forum
                  An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Comment

• noppid
                    • May 2003

We resolved the pop up error by upgrading to 2.3.2.

Musta been a hack intefering.
                    Computer Help Forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...