Another problem, any help appreciated:-)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carsafety
    • Jan 2003

Another problem, any help appreciated:-)

The forum is:

Expert advice, shopping and installation help on the safest and best car seats. Infant, convertible & booster ratings & reviews. Baby and toddler child restraints, travel systems and strollers from Britax, Combi, Cosco, Graco, Evenflo, Recaro and more! Ask questions about automotive safety...

2 days ago, we resolved a MySQL issue by using the repair.php function. That issue seems to be resolved- see http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...306#post481306 for background.

Yesterday, the provider switched from a shared to a dedicated IP address for the website. After the switch, any access to the direct forum link above was referred to the main homepage at http://www.car-safety.org . The Vbulletin forum is in a subdirectory, and defaulted for some reason to the main page that resides in the main directory after the change.

Using Cpanel, I changed the car-seat.org address from a "parked" domain to a "addon" domain, and gave it the subdomain name already in use for the forums. That seemed to fix the problems and it appeared to be working fine.

Today, at least one user reports the following error message trying to access the direct forum link at www.car-seat.org :

-------------------------------
    "Hey, it worked !
    The SSL/TLS-aware Apache webserver was
    successfully installed on this website.

If you can see this page, then the people who own this website have just installed the Apache Web server software and the Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl) successfully. They now have to add content to this directory and replace this placeholder page, or else point the server at their real content."
    --------------------------

This person uses Netscape 7. I had them try IE, and they said it worked correctly with IE. Other users appear to have no problems, so I do not know how widespread it is.

Any suggestions? Is this a Vbulletin issue, an add-on domain setup issue, some sort of propagation issue with the new fixed IP address or some other server issue? Any help appreciated, thanks!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I access it fine. This certainly isn't a vB issue. More likely it'll take a while to propagate through the nameservers.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Carsafety
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      I access it fine. This certainly isn't a vB issue. More likely it'll take a while to propagate through the nameservers.
      That's what I thought initially, since this user is in Europe. On the other hand, it did work fine for them on IE using the same computer, so that's why I thought it might be something else.

I'm still somewhat inept with many of these issues- until now it has been running pretty well with no intervention from me which is how I like it:-)

Comment