Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rich_Z
    • Feb 2002

Database error cropping up...

This error has been showing up over the last few days. Repair seems to fix it, but there are still some red flags down on the field:

Database error in vBulletin 2.2.9:

Invalid SQL: SELECT COUNT(*) AS threads FROM thread
    mysql error: Can't open file: 'thread.MYI'. (errno: 145)

mysql error number: 1016

Date: Saturday 14th of June 2003 08:13:35 PM
    Script: http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forums/
    Referer:
    Here's the section that repair seems to be stumbling over:

Checking table sessionTableOperationTypeTextcornsnakes01.sessioncheckerrorThe handler for the table doesn't support checkRepairing table sessioncornsnakes01.sessionrepairerrorThe handler for the table doesn't support repairChecking table sessionTableOperationTypeTextcornsnakes01.sessioncheckerrorThe handler for the table doesn't support checkRepairing table sessioncornsnakes01.sessionrepairerrorThe handler for the table doesn't support repairChecking table sessionTableOperationTypeTextcornsnakes01.sessioncheckerrorThe handler for the table doesn't support checkRepairing table sessioncornsnakes01.sessionrepairerrorThe handler for the table doesn't support repairChecking table sessionTableOperationTypeTextcornsnakes01.sessioncheckerrorThe handler for the table doesn't support checkRepairing table sessioncornsnakes01.sessionrepairerrorThe handler for the table doesn't support repair
    I got it back up and am backing up the database now via mysqldump. Can I just wipe out the MySQL database and load it back in via the backup file?

Thanks!!!
  • ChanServ
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Rich_Z
    This error has been showing up over the last few days. Repair seems to fix it, but there are still some red flags down on the field:

Here's the section that repair seems to be stumbling over:

I got it back up and am backing up the database now via mysqldump. Can I just wipe out the MySQL database and load it back in via the backup file?

Thanks!!!
    The Sessions Table can not be repaired, because its a HEAP.

Comment

• Rich_Z
      • Feb 2002

Originally posted by ChanServ
      The Sessions Table can not be repaired, because its a HEAP.
      OK..... So what do I need to do to fix the problem? I really don't want to just abandon my site and start all over again.....

Comment

• Brian Briscoe

Try this:

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Are you having any more database errors? (The one about session in repair.php doesn't count.) If not, then there's nothing to fix.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Rich_Z
            • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            Are you having any more database errors? (The one about session in repair.php doesn't count.) If not, then there's nothing to fix.
            Well, is the problem shown with the session table a problem or not? I just went and backup the data via mysqldump than loaded the sql file into a backup database. Ran repair on the new database and it shows the same result as below saying session doesn't support 'check' or 'repair'.

Do I have a problem or not?

I read that other thread. Yes, I have CPanel on my server. I am leasing the server, so I have root access. I have another vbulletin system running on the same server that is not having crashes. The unaffected site is getting much more traffic than the one that is crashing about every day.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

No it's not a problem. It's only telling you this table doesn't support repair. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. It's information - that's all.

This is why I asked you if you are having any more database errors.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...