X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Justice
    • May 2000
    • 2.0.x

private mail not working

Whenever any of my users try to send a private message, they get this error:

Warning: MySQL: Unable to save result set in /var/www/html/cboard/admin/db_mysql.php on line 93

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
    An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.
    We apologise for any inconvenience.
    Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT MAX(dateline) AS dateline FROM privatemessage WHERE fromuserid=998mysql error: Got error 127 from table handlermysql error number: 1030Date: Saturday 10th of May 2003 07:39:39 PMScript: /cboard/private.phpReferer: http://www.soundcircuit.com/cboard/p...ion=newmessage

I have v2.0.3, but this problem just started 2 days ago. I haven't added any hacks in over a year.
    "Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did."
    - Mark Twain
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Your privatemessage table crashed. Upload repair.php (it's in the 'extras' folder of the zip file) to your admin directory. Close your forums, then run it from your browser with this syntax:

http://www.yourdomain.com/forum/admin/repair.php?html=1&check=1

[Of course change the exact URL as appropriate for your forums.]

If everything reports 'Ok' then reopen your forums. If not, then run it again. The second time everything should report Ok (except the session table which you can ignore.) See if this fixes the problem.

P.S. You really need to upgrade ASAP. You are running a very insecure version.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Justice
      • May 2000
      • 2.0.x

Hi Steve... thanks for the quick response.

Once I run repair, do you think the previous private messages will be restored, or can I wave goodbye to them?

Also, my renewal membership expired a while ago (but I have the lifetime license), and I'm waiting until vB3 comes to renew it. That reminds me, I will be able to upgrade from 2.0.3 to 3.0, right?
      "Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did."
      - Mark Twain

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

As long as the records aren't permanently damaged then repair should restore everything.

As for upgrading to 3.0, you will first need to upgrade to the latest 2.x version. Then you can upgrade to 3.0 from that.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Justice
          • May 2000
          • 2.0.x

thx
          - Mark Twain

Comment

• Justice
            • May 2000
            • 2.0.x

alright, I ran repair and it seemed to fix the private message problem.. but now the post table seems corrupted. I've run repair 4 times and get the same error:

post check warning Table is marked as crashed and last repair failed
            post check warning Size of indexfile is: 31732736 Should be: 9345024
            post check warning Size of datafile is: 417115512 Should be: 416992572
            post check error Found 1144700 keys of 1135498
            soundcb.post check error Corrupt
            Repairing table post

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
            An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.
            We apologise for any inconvenience.

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel: Invalid SQL: REPAIR TABLE post
            mysql error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
            mysql error number: 2013
            Date: Sunday 11th of May 2003 02:39:12 AM
            Script: /cboard/admin/repair.php?html=1&check=1
            Last edited by Justice; Sun 11 May '03, 2:07am.
            - Mark Twain

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

Run repair again. If you get the 'lost connection' error then this is a server issue.

You can also try repairing this table in phpMyAdmin with this query:

REPAIR TABLE post;

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...